3ds max watermarking files made with student license?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
3ds max watermarking files made with student license?

Hello, first off, i'm sorry if this is a question not suited for the forum.

I am currently getting a degree in 3d graphics and i love it. This is my last semester and we are now working 3 days a week at a company developing a simulator. We get the 3ds max student license through the school, and i am currently using the student version when making the models. This is a simulator that is intended to be sold, and i know using a student license for this would be illegal, but the company is going to purchase a commercial license. 1. Is it ok for me to be making the models for this product if i know that there will be purchased a license for it in the future? 2. Does 3ds max mark my files in any way so that they can be identified as being developed with a student license? 3. If they are marked is there any way to "convert" them when i get the new license or will all my models so far be useless?

I'm not looking to scam Autodesk in any way, it is just that the company can't buy the license immediately due to some accounting plan or something of the sorts, but i would not like all the time i used making these models to be wasted because of it.
If some of what i'm asking is illegal you don't have to answer it, i just want to know what would be considered legal and illegal so that i can do the project properly and not end up in any legal problems.

Lastly, if my English is a little bad, i apologize, it is not my first language.

Thanks for any help in advance, and have a nice day.

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread