Crankin out Production Paintings

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Crankin out Production Paintings

Hey everyone, it's been forever since I last posted. Tell you all about it some other time. Meanwhile, I'm spending September working on new stuff for my portfolio. Here's 5 days worth of daily 4up concept paints - 90 min to 2hrs each:

More info about these on my Artblog.

09 September 2012
Some look more complete than others. But these are fantastic.

09 September 2012
Here's 3 more sets. Now that I've got 32 scenes done, will pick 8 or 10 to put in a half-day each, taking them up to 4K or 8K to do detail.

09 September 2012
Desert Transport, rezzed-up to 4K and refined.

09 September 2012
Smile

Originally Posted by stateoftrey: Some look more complete than others. But these are fantastic.

Thanks Tate! Yeah the 4-ups are done really fast, 90 to 120 minutes, and I use slightly different techniques as I go along. Some are painted with just the default Chalk brush, on some I use some custom brushes, and a few have photo texture pasted in here and there. So some are more "finished" than others, but none of them are intended to be complete. They're speedpaint practice and starting points for going forward.

From the 32 different scenes, I've pulled out 12 to keep working on. I've rezzed them up to 4000px and continue painting from there; the latest Desert Transport is just the first one of those.

09 September 2012
Here's two more rez-ups:

Greening Station

Spaceport Night

09 September 2012
While I'm continuing on the above paintings and my demo reel, here's a bunch of pen-and-ink environment drawings with quick color passes in Photoshop:

10 October 2012
More progress...

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread