How can fusion reflects the environment?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2013
How can fusion reflects the environment?

Hi,

i would like to build a simple 3D scene in fusion with a plane as ground a some 3D-shapes. The ground should reflects the environment (like a diffuse mirror).

How can i do this?!

Thanks for help!
nanni700

11 November 2013
you could create a set of cameras at the point of your scene camera. these 6 new cameras shooting in each direction (top, bottom, right, left, front, back) with 90 degres FoV
these cameras feed each a new Render3D and the results go back into a cube map and then into the reflect material.

sounds a little complicated and over the top, but its quiet fast and simple. this is also what Uncharted territory used on "anonymous" for the relfection on the water

quick look here:

Last edited by pingking : 11 November 2013 at 09:20 PM.

11 November 2013
Wow,

i will check that. I thought there certenly is a refelction-slider....!

Thanks,
nanni700

11 November 2013
for real reflections you need a raytracing renderer, the native fusion one doesnt raytracing.

but if you daring you could try out my plugin which uses 3delight as render in fusion, there i have raytracing and with that reflection, refraction and even GI.
but be aware its more alpha then anything and i'm building a new version right now to support the features of the latest 3delight 11 release.

development blog

11 November 2013
Hi pingking,

raytracing is too much, i just want to build a simple, blurry reflection on the ground. But i guess i am to stupid to get it work: see attached fusion-comp. The noisy wall should be reflected on the ground...

What did i wrong?!

Thanks in advance,
nanni700
Attached Files
File Type: zip reflect_test.zip (2.7 KB, 3 views)

11 November 2013
it should be like this comp, but i dont know it this works for the flat ground plane. in my little tests it was a little more complicated then with the sphere from the example

depending on how complicated your endsetup will be: you could split up your scene into different layers and render a reflection pass with a mirrored camera
Attached Files
File Type: zip helpCubemap_Gringo.zip (4.4 KB, 6 views)

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread