Hunters, pascal blanché (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Hunters, pascal blanché (3D)

Title: Hunters
Name: pascal blanché
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

modelled with 3dsmax and mudbox,
rendered with vray and lots of touchups in photoshop of course ;)
This is one of my attempts to achieve some painterly and old classic illustration by using digital mediums. Here i pushed the technic even more by going almost monochromatic in tones. I wanted to get a 80's cover look, something more graphical..
Background is photo based (nasa shots of mars)
Some skeletton parts like the spinal cord are from an old viewpoint model ( yeah im lazy sometimes ;)
Inspiration: Frazetta, Bisley and Terada
photoshop filters used: poster edges, pain daubs and lighting effects

hope you'll like it :)

01 January 2007
Thumbs up

Ohh very good model and pose of strong characters and mars mood nice I love this light 4*

01 January 2007
hey pascal

much stronger than your last piece and as always amazing lighting , mood and composition.

great stuff.

cheers

http://www.bearfootfilms.com

VFX Workshop Tutorials

http://vfxworkshops.com/neil-maccormack/

01 January 2007
Nice! The first thing I thought when I saw it was Frazetta (well after Pascal Blanche of course ^^). Reminds me so much of a combination of his moon men (background) paintings and that classic pose he always has (perhaps something along these lines ). Anyway, looks great! Monochrome works well (you like those colours hey) and as always great composition. The only thing I would say is that perhaps because of the mixed origins maybe a couple of the elements look a little out of place? Maybe it's just me :P Wouldn't want to criticize the great Pascal Blanche :P

01 January 2007
great work! the thumbnail is really awsome got my attention immediately, i was expecting a different lighting. in the thumbnail i saw a very nice lighing between the woman and the man.

anyway, you could see from a mile away its ur style! great on!

01 January 2007
good job man!!...very nice pose!!!...I love your colors!
Pascal,I think it was better if you used a glossy metal material for the armament(with the same hot colors)...
overall....great!!!

4*

01 January 2007
Excelent job! I like these characters so much, also great is monochromatic color and atmosphere. Well done

01 January 2007
hey Pascal, awesome piece as you always get us used to! I love the composition, it's pretty balanced with axial simmetry, and the guy looking in a different angle took my attention inmediately. It seems perfect to break the monotony. I like also the position of the blades like a cross with a really nice continuity in the characters' arms.
I know you're such a 3d master, but I feel that you want to hear any critic to still improving. My only critique is the guy's blade. If Im not wrong what we see it's a kinda blade cover or something like that isn't it? but I feel that if it's this way, it doesnt match very well the overall look. I mean, it looks very detailed and advanced, for the age I believe the characters are in. I imagine a more like pre-history look for that object, something like fur or leather, no emboss or relief, i dont know. Well, that's just a point of view.
Thanks again Pascal for sharing your work with the community.
oops... I forgot, I say Front Page for this piece....

01 January 2007
Nice work.
A good homage to the master..
I feel the hands are the weakest part of the image.

01 January 2007
Spectacular modeling and pose, good mood

Beautiful new image "Hunters", I saw this picture with less textures as others you made, It's like it wasn't finished in some areas like the eyes of the femenine creature that are in first sight and the weapons but you said you was looking for a monochromatic look and is very well achieved. I like more previous works with more painted textures over the characters and weapons but this is only my taste. I saw also that the background doesn't match very well with the characters It's like they were statues and a poster in the backside.

You made an spectacular modeling and pose, plenty of the most original details and things that in a character could be. I love your work as always.

01 January 2007
Great work, always!! I like you Illustration style!

01 January 2007
I like the image as a whole, sweet light and composition, but the eyes bug me a lot. Especially eyes of the girl - they make her look like a sculpture, not a living person. Even a hint of detail and structure in there would IMO add a lot.

01 January 2007
That is awesome. Frazetta on the nail. Brilliant.

01 January 2007
Woow

Really great job Pascal
i like it.

Hamed Katebi

- -My Blog - -

01 January 2007
I love especially lighting & colors!

4*

Where could i find Hi-Res ?

Thanks.

Thread Closed share thread