Political Art :)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
I really like that Adam, nice work. It seems to have taken on a slightly more sinister edge when I see it today
Boxy

OT: I'd like to know how you're getting on with ZB. Just started learning it myself and man there is so much amazing stuff in there I don't know where to start!! The most frustrating thing at the moment is that I don't have R9 yet so I can't yet take full advantage of the displacement maps
Cheers
Boxy

11 November 2004
Well, as the subject line suggests, the image does have a political theme--in fact it's something of a political cartoon. I guess that makes it more offensive than the bodies-getting-blowed-apart images that are not uncommon on this site. The recent thread concerning images depicting S&M torture of schoolgirls? Hmm.

Anyway, I had hoped that the discussion would focus on the image and how/whether it conveyed its message rather than the content of the message itself. But the message is something I feel very strongly about and I find it very difficult not to comment. But this is truly not the place, so I won't.

Anyway anyway ... yeah, ZBrush is a wonderous tool. And you *can* use it with R8; it just requires a little more work to set up the material and you have to work around the banding issue with a little more aggressive image sampling. If you search here or on the Z forum there are threads discussing the proper material setup.

11 November 2004
Ever seen (or read) the Handmaidens tail?

And Pennsylvania needs to be pink too right?

11 November 2004
Please don't force me to close this thread, back on topic , i want to leave Adam the possibility to show his work here, i don't want to remove everything because of some OT. Thanks.

11 November 2004
Adams image, while I disagree with the message is not offensive.
It is quite good art in fact.
The jesusland image is offensive, and out of place in that it is not art.
It was done specificaly to offend and should probably be removed.

11 November 2004
You hit the nail on the head manfriday. The original posted image actually had some thought and humor to it (even though I disagree with it, I think it's very well done) - the graphic of the United States is incredibly offensive and should be removed.

It's sad that image came out of Germany, since Germany gave us Luther's reformation which split the Catholic church and essentially revolutionized the world (giving the common man access to the Bible for the first time in history).

Ah well...

Paul

11 November 2004
Ok bye bye to this thread, sorry Adam, feel free to start a new one.

Paulrus: change your signature please, it's against the cgtalk rules.

Thread Closed share thread