Small set of Blender 2.6.8a questions.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2013
Small set of Blender 2.6.8a questions.

I was hoping someone could respond with specific answers to these Blender 2.6.8a
questions:

-How may I determine what the point of intersection between two lines, lines and surfaces and two surfaces are, instantly (I want something better than using the distance Measure tool and my on triangulation).

-How may I add (assign) points at intersections between lines and surfaces, particularly automatically, or do I have to copy the numeric values from the previous question, using
<alt + m> on two such points from either source to confirm intersection?

-How may I alter the relative axes [X,Y,Z] away from the default locations
(to align to some plane or object) and their original positions again?

-How do I convert lines to bezier curves, and vice versa?

-How do I convert bezier curves to Grease pencil, and vice versa,
when constructing and adding various items to an object under construction?

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by Zachary1234: -How may I add (assign) points at intersections between lines and surfaces, particularly automatically, or do I have to copy the numeric values from the previous question, using
<alt + m> on two such points from either source to confirm intersection?

I think you can use this addon for that
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?204836-CAD-Addon-Edge-Tools-(blender-2-6x)
Originally Posted by Zachary1234: -How may I alter the relative axes [X,Y,Z] away from the default locations
(to align to some plane or object) and their original positions again?

do you mean pivot point? what blender calls the origin. look for origin in the tool panel (t key) in object mode. the usual method is to use the shift + s menu (in edit mode) to set the cursor (the thing that moves when you click the left mouse button) to the selected geometry then ctrl + shift + alt + c to set the objects origin to that point.
Originally Posted by Zachary1234: -How do I convert lines to bezier curves, and vice versa?

mesh lines to curves -> alt + c in object mode then use the tool panel (t key) in edit mode - and use the "set spline type button".
Originally Posted by Zachary1234: -How do I convert bezier curves to Grease pencil, and vice versa,
when constructing and adding various items to an object under construction?

I vaguely remember being able to use the bsurfaces addon to do this grease pencil to curve - not sure about the other way.

Last edited by KayosIII : 10 October 2013 at 04:20 AM.

10 October 2013
Don't worry. Everything that I want to do is under add modifier boolean,
and the various operations applicable on objects there.

Many thanks!

Last edited by Zachary1234 : 11 November 2013 at 05:08 AM.

10 October 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread