Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
manuelgardina
portfolio
manuel
brescia, Italy

Anatomical study went too far

Hello there! I've done this today, i have to say it wasn't meant to go that far but the black and white body was too inviting to work with
My eyes tells me this is not a bad piece of work thou i really see things i dislike, such as the poor movement of the figure and the crappines of the skin. My aim is to get ready for a semi professional work as soon as possible so Please feel free to add your dislikes to this one, any advice is super welcome

Old 06-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #2
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

What kind of work do you aspire to do? Illustration? Concept art? And what is the purpose of this image? Is it depicting a narrative from a story? Who is this character and what is it doing? What did you want to achieve with this image?

Last edited by Lunatique : 06-04-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
BillyWJ
Frequenter
portfolio
William White
www.FusedArts.com
Katonah, United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelgardina
Hello there! I've done this today, i have to say it wasn't meant to go that far but the black and white body was too inviting to work with
My eyes tells me this is not a bad piece of work thou i really see things i dislike, such as the poor movement of the figure and the crappines of the skin. My aim is to get ready for a semi professional work as soon as possible so Please feel free to add your dislikes to this one, any advice is super welcome

There is no sense of depth, as you have the same values in the foreground that you have in the background, the lighting is scattered and all over the place, there is nothing that draws the eye to the focus of the painting, there is so much scattered all over that the eye never rests on anything.

Honestly, you have some work to put in, to accomplish semi-professional work. You need to focus more, pay attention to composition and value, and how to render textures and lighting. You're on your way, but don't rush, you need to put the hours in to get the skills.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
rownd
In a blanket fort

portfolio
Jim Rownd
illustrator
Rochester, USA

I like this. It's different not like the same ol same ol you see a lot of here. This reminds me of Brad Holland works ( a well respected editorial illustrator)
http://www.uuworld.org/ideas/articl...file89_6555.jpg

My only issue is the hands. My eye goes right to them and something not right about them. I would put them in shadow that way the focus becomes more the lantern as it should be.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread