Importing from Maya to Zbrush

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Exclamation Importing from Maya to Zbrush

Hi there! Okay so this is my first post here so go easy on me

Okay so I've got this complex character that I made in Maya. Its a female cyborg with multiple mesh. So I tried bringing it toZbrush using GoZ but noo~ it takes a few long minutes to do its thing only to later say some error. After troubleshooting the errors it still brings up something new, so I gave up.

Now I opted to just export an OBJ file into Zbrush but thing is, my multi mesh character is now one whole subtool!! How to work around this? I mean, I do know a process of splitting a subtool but that requires hours of work since I got a lot of mesh, big and small. Is there any faster way around the whole process? Cause not only do I plan on texturing and adding scratches, etc. into the model, I also wish to pose her using Zbrush.

Also when I import the OBJ and subdivide it, increasing the poly count, I notice that a lot of the mesh are being shrunk from the edges! Wah?

BTW if your asking why didn't I just model the thing in Zbrush from the beginning. I'd answer, I ain't skilled enough, all I know about zbrush was self thought in only a few weeks.

Thanks so much!

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Use the sub-tool master plugin to import multiple subtools. Provided you've exported each mesh seperately from your 3d app.

To maintain your form when subdividing turn off the SMT button beside divide for a couple of levels, then turn it on for further dividing. Or add holding edges to your meshes in your 3d app.

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread