dotNet + MXS

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

10 October 2014
Aaahh, yes ... accelerators.... I knew I saw this issue already... I just could name it... Thanks a lot, Denis!

03 March 2015
If I would like to force MAX to load/substitute another version of devexpress libraries, what would be the necessary steps to achieve that? Any idea, please?

03 March 2015
Originally Posted by ztravnicky: If I would like to force MAX to load/substitute another version of devexpress libraries, what would be the necessary steps to achieve that? Any idea, please?

if they are .DLL files, you can use mxs

dotnet.loadassembly @"c:\path\to\my.dll"

03 March 2015
Originally Posted by Mambo4: if they are .DLL files, you can use mxs

dotnet.loadassembly @"c:\path\to\my.dll"

Thanks mate, but imho it won't be so easy this time. I have suspicion that some wrapper must be involved in this case. I'm looking more less for substitution of current library with new one from newer version of MAX to achieve compatibility of the tool.

05 May 2015
Passing object references from maxscript to Autodesk.Max

Hi,

I've recently started dabbling in writing some functions in dotnet using Autodesk.max.dll in 2015.

My functions work fine, but I'm puzzled on how to supply the node to the fucntion from maxscript.

I've worked around it by being able to pass the node handle into the dotnet function, then using GetINodeByHandle to get hold of it.

I'd rather just be bale to pass the node itself, rather than its handle.
Does anyone know how to do this please?

Thanks

02 February 2017
Working with generic types in dotNET and MXS

Hi there,

I'm trying to write a script that associates data polled from a Socrata open-data platform to geometry in my model.

I'm using this C# library: https://github.com/CityofSantaMonica/SODA.NET

With this dataset: https://dev.socrata.com/foundry/dat...v.org/qwfj-9mts

I have successfully loaded the library in maxscript and set up a client object. But when I call the client.getResource method I get this error: "Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception: Late bound operations cannot be performed on types or methods for which ContainsGenericParameters is true.

I gathered that getResource returns a generic type, but I can't figure out how to cast that type into something maxscript understands.

Does anyone know how work with generic types or how to cast a variable type in maxscript?

Thanks!

3 Weeks Ago
edit: wrong post.

Last edited by duke : 3 Weeks Ago at 08:19 AM.

reply share thread