Mies van der Rohe Farnsworth House, Alessandro Prodan (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2012
Not to answer for the author, but it did this when it was amazingly hard to, something like Top 5 work of this moment. Since this we have easiest tools, so rules are not the same. I remember he talked about 3D Objects Painting, it wasn't available in all 3D package at that time.
Respect forever

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by RickToxik: The first enigmatic fact is that MarlaS never got an award for this stunning work, maybe that pissed him off and he went away from cgsociety because of that. Sad he did not post something new here since Farnsworth House, even MasterZap said he was "proud" of that work, that it was showing offthe capabilities of mia_x and mental ray, that was good and stuff...
At least he posted wireframes in this thread, I didn't believe it myself the first time I saw this.

its not an enigmatic fact. he failed to make yet another generic half naked chick holding a sword and swinging her tits all over the place while wearing an armored thong. That is afterall, what CG talk is about. All that matters is that people who know their stuff, respect this work. Duncan gave him props too. To me thats worth 1000x any awards from here.

06 June 2012
That's Just Great...

You've told all about your so called secrets and I just can say, WOW man, So What The Hell Am I Doing???....
I DO RESPECT YOU MAN,
You Are A COMPREHENSION Shader, Of Course For Mental Ray

07 July 2012
Good Job. How do you make it.

02 February 2013
@animationtutorial - I think earlier in the post he stated 900,000,000 polys as all the plants and trees are CG.

Amazing work.

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread