MoSpline + Effector + Spline Wrap = execution order woes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2014   #1
MoSpline + Effector + Spline Wrap = execution order woes

My hope was to alter the shape of the MoSpline and then the Spline Wrap would do its thing uniformly along the spline. As you can see in the project file, the object is squished in a non-uniform way. Must be an execution order problem? If so, I cant find a way to change the order.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Btw, I'm using MoSpline because I can animate the length of the spline which is what I need. Animating the Spline Wrap From/To and Offset parameters result in unwanted distortion and movement (to make a long story short)
Attached Files
File Type: zip navigation TEST.zip (127.0 KB, 16 views)

Old 01 January 2014   #2
Quote: If so, I cant find a way to change the order.
You currently have set the Plain Deformer deformation to none. Set it to Point.
Also attach the Sphere to the caps midpoint of the Tube with a Contraint tag (Clamp tab, To Point, Mode Fix, distance zero).
To really lock it down you will need two extra nulls that you constraint to the edge of the cap and use as Aim and Upvector for the Sphere.
Quote: Btw, I'm using MoSpline because I can animate the length of the spline which is what I need. Animating the Spline Wrap From/To and Offset parameters result in unwanted distortion and movement (to make a long story short)
I donít think itís necessary, only use offset. Deformation by the Plain deformer looks better on the spline as well.

File attached

Old 01 January 2014   #3
Sweeet! Constraints... why have I never explored these more? So much possibility. Thanks for the info and project file!

Old 01 January 2014   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread