mask outline

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #1
mask outline

I am animating a mask from a vector shape created in illustrator. Everything seems to be working fine except I see the outlines of the original mask in the final animation. Attached is an example.
In the attachment you can see the original thin outline on the foot and at the top of the bird's head. How do I get rid of that?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2013-09-05 at 4.19.52 PM.png (18.8 KB, 8 views)

Old 09 September 2013   #2
Not sure what you are getting at. This is just a comp screenshot and why wouldn't you want your masks to be visible in your comp while working? I really think you have a wrong understanding of how this works. That aside, you can always hide the mask by turning off the stuff in the view options in the flyout menu in the top right corner of the comp/ layer viewers or using the eyeball icons. Beyond that there's nothing to worry - unless outfitted with a stroke effect/ shape layer stroke, paths don't render for final output.

Mylenium

Old 09 September 2013   #3
I may not have the terminology correct, my apologies. It is also true that I do not have a complete understanding of how this works, so I appreciate any help I can get.

The posted images is indeed a screenshot of the comp and is a reflection of how the image renders (minus the square in the middle). Notice the small lines on the bottom of the image inside the white area. They are also visible in the top right of the white area. These are the outline of the original mask shape. And, yes, they do render.

I am creating the vector artwork in illustrator and copying and pasting the vector onto a layer to create a mask. From there I animate the points of the mask to get the effect I want. The image provided is an example of what happens when the new animated mask shape crosses with the original mask shape. How do I make theses lines go away?

I hope that explains it better. Thanks again for your help!

Old 09 September 2013   #4
If you have multiple masks you might have fallen into a trap where you have duplicates on top of each other.
If that is true you'll have to inspect them to find the perpetrator. If you can't work it out, consider saving the art work with transparency, say a .png, and use that instead.

Old 09 September 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread