TP Deformation, Align to deformed normal

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
TP Deformation, Align to deformed normal

The problem I'm having is that I'm using TP to deform an object, and after it's deformation I want to stick a particle to the deformed surface. After it deforms the particle is floating above it and not flush against it.

Here is the Dynamic Set where it's all taking place. The Position born on the bottom is what is creating the particles that the mesh is using as a volume select (vertex). One reason I can think of this happening is that when TP reads in the collision, it takes it from the original mesh throughout the entire thing. I'm wondering if there is simple way around it as it needs to happen on the same frame. Thoughts?

Old 02 February 2013   #2
I don't think it's possible to have tp->scene->tp data transfer in one frame.
So create you placeholders not at collision point but with negative offset along normal. You need to have the same offset (btw, a you using push + vol.select?) to place you particles properly.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread