Metegol (Foosball) teaser

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

02 February 2014
Hey Giancarlo, yeah, one can only hope right?
I also hope they bring the game up story wise.
Still crossing fingers, as there's no news about anything regarding a sequel.

Oh yeah, noiz, you got pretty much the whole third act. That has to be a lot of work.
You guys did a great job on that by the way. As I understand, something is in the works right now for an english version. I heard they are re-editing parts for it. I'm really looking forward for the guys around here to catch this one, as it's my first feature ever. Oh and congratulations on the award to you as well, you've been part of it.

Cheers!

02 February 2014
...Muy bueeeno! Felicitaciones a tu equipo el trailer se ve genial.
de curiosidad, estan trabajando con mari / arnold?

Saludos,

-Manu

02 February 2014
Congrats on what seems to be one hell of a film. It's refreshing to see animation that has a local-native touch to it. Something outside of the standart pixar-disney animated "gesture set" you see everywhere.

02 February 2014
Awesome work! I will be eagerly awaiting to watch it, for sure.

Muchisimas felicidades señores. Muy bien merecidos todos los buenos comentarios. Espero podamos seguir viendo mas producciones originarias de nuestros paisanos. Saludos!

02 February 2014
Quote: I've heard the movie won't have a release in the US, as it requires the really big bucks, plus I think the theme generally speaking won't attract large numbers of people there in the US (soccer IS a big thing down here, and the foosball tables are a tradition in sport clubs and even hotels). So I guess there's not that much of a market loss in this case.

I get tired of Hwood's stupid execs. For example you have some in Hwood say films with female leads in action or hero films dont sell, for example in cartoons. Yet you have shows proving them wrong like Korrah. Or you have shows like Walking dead whose fan fav character is Michone, an dark skinned black woman with a sword. People love these characters and as far as a female lead holding her own we have Katniss.

These same idiots think the word "mars" in the movie means it will fail. I think John Carter failed because it didn't have Mars in it.

Then there are people like Lindsey Stirling who were told they didn't have a market for her music. Tell that to her 3 million subscribers.

I think your metegol soccer movie would do just fine in theatres. It would be a reddening break. Soccer is not popular here. I don't care to watch it myself but one of my favorite movies is Shaolin Soccer.

Ps I remember a soccer game in the US near my house sold out the stadium for an exhibition match. The Market exists.

02 February 2014
Hey thanks Manuel and Sergio, it seems this is making the rounds in Modus fx hehe.
Where are you guys from by the way?

Thanks to you too mustique, I also believe it is refreshing to see different things, but I´m afraid most movies outside the pixar/dreamworks/sony world are trying to actually look like them, so originality is hard to achieve.

ilovekaiju, I don´t know if I´d call them stupid, they seem to know how to sell their products (movies) to the wider possible audience. I get what you say and I sympathize with the general concept, I do resent the fact that given this set of rules we have been denied deeper, and different movies that we all seem to miss from other times. But they´re not stupid.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

03 March 2014
It's confirmed now. Weistein Co. bought the rights to release Foosball in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and France. It seems they hold the right to do with it as they want, meaning, they can edit, and change anything they like. So I hope that in any case, that's for the better.

Here's the article:
http://www.animationmagazine.net/fe...646301269531250

Cheers!

03 March 2014
Originally Posted by JWRodegher: It's confirmed now. Weistein Co. bought the rights to release Foosball in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and France. It seems they hold the right to do with it as they want, meaning, they can edit, and change anything they like. So I hope that in any case, that's for the better.

Here's the article:
http://www.animationmagazine.net/fe...646301269531250

Cheers!

That is fantastic!

Again, hope this can be a series.

reply share thread