Vray lightdome - changing dome texture size?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Vray lightdome - changing dome texture size?

Hi,
I have HDR spherical panorama image attached to Vray lightdome. I'd like the image to work also as a background but it's scale is way too large or in other words, the closest stuff in the image is way too close. I can move the camera so that my 3d model is the same size to fit the the dome tex but then everything is too close to the camera and only one window fits to the viewport when I would like to see the whole house .

Is there a way to change the scale of the dome texture that is shown in viewport and in renders?

I've fiddled with all the settings and tried to google it but in vain :(
All help is really appreciated!

05 May 2013
I don't know of any way of scaling down the texture in the light dome. I would suggest for your bkg you apply the hdri to a sphere as your environment. Its much easier to control. Just get your lighting from the dome and environment render from the sphere. Make sure they are aligned to keep the lighting consistent with the bkg.

05 May 2013
Would be much easier to just comp your background.

05 May 2013
Thank you for your responses, those are valid options and I think I have to still use them then.

So I guess that when I want to change the size of reflections, say in a window, I just have to use separate reflection texture in environment tab?

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread