Coke Dependency, Gyorgy Bohus (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2006
Coke Dependency, Gyorgy Bohus (3D)

Title: Coke Dependency
Name: Gyorgy Bohus
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

Some weeks ago I decided to model a coke can, but it was hard to find a really good texture. Because I can's scan the original for its cylindric shape, I decided to paint it in Photoshop. So I made it, I know it isn't perfect, but this is one of my serious projects.

...and yes, I'm afraid, I drink too much coke :)

Comments are welcome!

01 January 2006
Coke????, looks like you do a PEPSI...

Nice text, model, and render... but Its not a coke. lol

- My videos

- My Animation Blog (spanish/english) http://camburxp.blogspot.com/.

01 January 2006
Haha, it is indeed Pepsi in the picture. :P

Nice work, nonetheless. The texture looks pretty much perfect. The shiny tops of the cans could be more metallic looking though. Look a bit too plastic.

01 January 2006
Very nice render

01 January 2006
Looks really nice, good job. But I think you should add some variety to the Ring Pull on the cans.

Latest Finished 3D: Wire Tree

01 January 2006
Smile

Nah, you guys didn't get it, it's a Coke disguised as a Pepsi, lol.
Nice render and lighting .
Don't worry no sugar.

Last edited by Tesparg : 01 January 2006 at 03:09 PM.

01 January 2006
<John Belushi voice>
No Coke! Pepsi!
</John Belushi voice>

Nice work.

01 January 2006
sorry, I deleted this post, because it appeared... grrr

Last edited by bgyorgy : 01 January 2006 at 02:01 AM. Reason: because of system crack

01 January 2006
looks good...just a hint for future reference, you can take a pair of tinsnips, metal cutters, or just plain scissors and cut the can and unroll it on to a scanner to get that texture.

Game Assets Thread

Personal Site

01 January 2006
Thank you for the advices and judgements!

I know, that that the metal is a little bit "plastic-like", and the pulls could be more random, but the rendertime was soo much on my machine (it is not a BOXX )), so I decided don't render it again.

And what about "coke"... in my country people newer use this word "coke", we always say "cola", and the partner may be ask if it is Coca or Pepsi.

Last edited by bgyorgy : 01 January 2006 at 10:21 PM. Reason: i am new in cgtalk and don't know some elementary things

01 January 2006
Originally Posted by itsallgoode9: looks good...just a hint for future reference, you can take a pair of tinsnips, metal cutters, or just plain scissors and cut the can and unroll it on to a scanner to get that texture.

Wouldn't the shinyness of the surface make the texture come out way too dark? I've had taht with my flatscanner though.

As for the render, it give the impression of them being Coke cans, so looks good to me.

01 January 2006
In USA, COKE = Coca Cola, and PEPSI is just... PEPSI... lol.... that's what are we trying to say.

And let me say again, Your work its very good, the render its amazing, yes need more random on the top of the cans...

Good Work.

- My videos

- My Animation Blog (spanish/english) http://camburxp.blogspot.com/.

01 January 2006
Originally Posted by powerdan: In USA, COKE = Coca Cola, and PEPSI is just... PEPSI... lol.... that's what are we trying to say.

And let me say again, Your work its very good, the render its amazing, yes need more random on the top of the cans...

Good Work.

Thank you!

Yes, I've understood the Coke-Pepsi problem

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread