Animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

3 Weeks Ago
Animation

About People in Motion R2.01, it looks like a couple of CMotion integrated into 4d cinema. What are the differences between CMotion and People in Motion R2.01?

3 Weeks Ago
I've never tried PIM. But I've used a lot of similar things. And I've also coded my own.
Based on the videos it looks to me that PIM is another variation of the old idea of making animated virtual objects. Then allowing the user some way to parent the joints and/or controllers to them.
This is what CMotion does. And pretty much every other Auto Animation system.

Although PIM and CMotion share some similarities. I personally wouldn't say that PIM is a version of CMotion.
I would rather say that both CMotion and PIM are slightly different variations on the same concept of automating the parenting of rigged parts to virtual objects that are animated.
That's been a very common workflow that people have been using for decades. They just implement them differently.
Under the hood. The core concept of them are all basically the same. The main differences between them are the specific ways that they allow the users to set up their characters to be "Auto Animated".
People have different likes and dislikes about how to set up a rig with these kinds of Auto Animation systems. It's very much a personal taste kinda thing. Like which 3D app they prefer.
There's a lot of Auto systems like this that work well. But don't manage to connect with the users tastes or needs. There's no such thing as one size fits all in this area.
So the best thing to do is try out the free demo (if they offer one) and see if you like, or don't like, the workflow it uses.

-ScottA

reply share thread