GI JOE - Another Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
GI JOE - Another Trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97972

Now... this is probably a better example of that kind of trailer that "reveals too many things". Because the things they reveal aren't really needed for the sell:

1) The President who authorized the strike to destroy GI JOE is actually Zartan.
2) Killer Satellite used by Cobra to blackmail the world will be destroyed (probably at the end of the film).

There is also some speculation regarding the odd absence of Channing Tatum in almost all footage that can be clearly assumed to occur after the attack that killed most of the Joes.... Jury's out if that is also a spoiler...

EDIT:

Well what do you know...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/re...delay-revealed/

Duke dies... LOL.

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 12 December 2012 at 05:01 AM.

Old 12 December 2012   #2
pretty clear from the trailer that they open with a raid (Tatum & The Rock), return to base, and boom goes the Duke...although you know they wouldn't kill him off, just write him off for the rest of the movie.
their wars will never end.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Better than the first trailer.

Although I agree they give away too much plot...

The CG VFX look quite good.

One to watch on DVD...

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Some guys on Deadline Hollywood (I'm sure some of the commenters there are also Producers on the market) have quite a few interesting things to say about what happened on GI JOE.

One of them even posted the entire story....

Sheesh... Compared to Oblivion... THIS is definitely one movie going naked into 2013.

Old 12 December 2012   #5
Even the pre-reshoot trailer showed most of the plot..like that is ever really the thing about a GI Joe movie? Certainly wasn't for the first one.

If anything it's more of a problem for a movie like this that they seem to show most of the cool stunts or action moments, because that's basically all you've got to hold onto.

At least with more charismatic guest stars like The Rock or Bruce Willis there is a chance for some snappy one-liners..but they used up a lot of that, too, feels like.

Unchanged feelings toward both versions of this movie:

Old 12 December 2012   #6
These trailers are already better than the entire last movie.
I'm in.

Old 12 December 2012   #7
I find it ridiculous that we get to see the satellite blow up at 1:42...

Nice effects though. The destruction of London is amazing.

Old 12 December 2012   #8
Looks good. And you are right! The trailer alone looks so much better than the first film. I'm also glad they killed off Wayan's character.

Old 03 March 2013   #9
GI JOE B Roll
http://www.*********.com/features/g...hind-the-scene/
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread