FCheck Cannot Save Movie

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
FCheck Cannot Save Movie

I use FCheck on the Mac's at my college sometimes just to quickly convert renders into an .mov to see how it turned out.

However the Windows 7 version cannot seem to save a sequence as an .avi, EVEN THOUGH everywhere I look on the internet it says it can AND it clearly says "Save Animation" in FCheck as well.

I cannot believe I am the only person with this problem, I have been searching the net for hours now and cannot find anyone with the same problem.

Old 10 October 2012   #2
As I understand it the 'Save Animation' menu in F-Check has no options to save out as AVI, it deals with saving the animation as image sequences only and just has various options for the image format.

There is a simple way to do it though, go to the Playblast options and instead of 'iff' (which will preview in F-Check) choose 'AVI' and enable the 'save' option. Now when you playblast an AVI will be created and opened in whatever media player you have set as default.

For my workflow I tend to use IFF and preview to F-Check while I'm working on an animation but when I want to send a preview to a client I switch to AVI (or MOV now in Maya 2013 which supports Quicktime on Win 7 64) in the Playblast options.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Thanks for the reply.

I need to check final renders, not animation playblasts .

I just find it so bizarre that the Mac version is able to save a movie but the windows one cannot.

I found a work around though, I just use Quicktime pro, same thing :P.

Old 10 October 2012   #4
D'oh, should have read your post more closely. In my brain I guess `F-Check==playblasts`, I don't really use it for looking at renders, I generally load those into AE instead. Quicktime pro works fine of course too

Cheers,
Brian

Old 10 October 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread