Sketchbook Thread of Krispee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2012   #166
Love your out of the box thinking with the "Ode to the Modern Man"

The detail in the last sculpture is so subtle... highly enjoyable

Old 02 February 2012   #167
i love sculptures, great work with the sculpy.

Old 02 February 2012   #168
cheers, Johan and Jeffery, got another sculpt coming very soon, using Chavant this time, very interesting clay but not as good as Super Sculpey........

Kris

Old 02 February 2012   #169
Neville

Hi all, a new mini bust, this time made from a clay called Chavant, polymer like Super Sculpey but you can`t harden this in the oven, stays soft which is a shame and has made me think that i won`t use it again unless i am making something for bronzing......

it`s about 20cm high in total and from imagination, except for a few trips to google for some bodybuilding refs.....it`s not as smooth as the Sculpey bust due to the waxy nature of Chavant which really needs a hot gun to constantly warm the clay which i didn`t have so i just kneeded and smoothed as best i could......
just a shame i can`t bake it, i`ll just have to keep it out of reach so i don`t knock it over and ruin it.......

thanks for looking.....

Kris

Old 02 February 2012   #170
Originally Posted by krispee: Hi all, a new mini bust, this time made from a clay called Chavant, polymer like Super Sculpey but you can`t harden this in the oven, stays soft which is a shame and has made me think that i won`t use it again unless i am making something for bronzing......

it`s about 20cm high in total and from imagination, except for a few trips to google for some bodybuilding refs.....it`s not as smooth as the Sculpey bust due to the waxy nature of Chavant which really needs a hot gun to constantly warm the clay which i didn`t have so i just kneeded and smoothed as best i could......
just a shame i can`t bake it, i`ll just have to keep it out of reach so i don`t knock it over and ruin it.......

thanks for looking.....

Kris

Very cool!

Old 02 February 2012   #171
cheers, Maciej......

Kris

Old 02 February 2012   #172
He looks great, how big is he?

Old 02 February 2012   #173
cheers, Memorist, he`s about 20cm high in total i think......

Kris

Old 02 February 2012   #174
Great piece for your desk. Keep them coming look forward to seeing more.

Old 03 March 2012   #175
ok, been a while since i actually had my oil paints out but someone wanted a commission so out they came......
oil on canvas, 30 x 20 cm....
it was fun :grin:

thanks for looking

Kris

Old 08 August 2012   #176
Hi guys, long, long, time with no updates.....a new bust, made from Sculpey again.....around 14cm total height with the base.....

thanks for looking
Kris

Old 08 August 2012   #177
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread