Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Levent Gocer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Levent Gocer

Levent Gocer has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: SCOUT PIONEERS' SUPERCRAFT

Title:
"SCOUT PIONEERS' SUPERCRAFT"

Scenery story:

In the efforts of colonizing the space, pioneers are being sent towards all "life-suitable" planets. There are several different hard conditions in each group's destination planets. However pioneers were elite people from nearly all kinds of professions, armed with knowledge, hi tech hardware and software plus innovative vehicles.

Super-hovercraft (pictured here) developed after two engine recon speeders being realised that they were too fast and can not make pinpoint landings. Equipped with 2x150hp and 2x300hp, totally four turbines plus a rear jet booster.

Another speciality of the craft is a built in observation robot provide camera footage, infrared sight, weapon control systems lock plus mechanical mending service.

With their hovering capabilities, lower fuel consumption rates than their predecessors, ability of travelling at very low speeds airborne, agility and ease of embarking debarking like a cabrio car made them one of the LEGENDS of COLONIZATION SPACE.

12 December 2004
Concept Sketch: The line where the invasion halted at last

Hi,
Here is my concept sketch.
I am thinking of developing the scene more. It is open for the critics from now on. (There is not much thing to get criticised at the moment right now, i know but at least it gives the idea, though)

12 December 2004
Concept Sketch: continuing sketches

Here is another sketch.

01 January 2005
Modeling: Modelling the base human model

After a lag in submissions i am sending my base model. After hours and hours work i think i finally achieved a proper figure and face. I think i can easily manipulate my base model to generate nearly all of my characthers in the scene since i tried to keep it simple (low poly) besides still giving a perfect view under smoothed appearance.

01 January 2005
Texturing: Developed models

Here you can see the face and body a little bit more cleary. Since i added the texture of a human face, i am sending it as texturing milestone. added a spaceman helmet also. Simple and cute.

I think i will send many modeling and texturing milestone pictures further.

01 January 2005
Modeling: Finding correct angle of camera

Title explains

01 January 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: Flames

Besides modeling the items over the battleground i have to arrange composition and background. Just because whole composition may affect the detail level of the models (i try to avoid uncessary details in modeling which takes enormous time.

01 January 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: Background sky (compositing starts..)

Compositing starts over a suitable sky, final image of it must be something different.

01 January 2005
good work

Good work. Keep it up

Hocam inşallah zamanında bitirirsin. Az kaldı ama iyi gidiyor. Biraz daha fazla wip koy bence çünkü bu kadar az resimle pek karar vermez bu herifler.

Just learning....

My Living Room WIP
My works:
www.geocities.com/mitralone

01 January 2005
Wink Thanks a lot, wait for the final image

I have to change my concept I think.
I entered the challenge too late, I have a little time left but I havent lost my will to complete it yet.

Wait for the new concept. By the way I am open to all critics, helps and suggestions by the way I am also open to give help and suggestions as well.

01 January 2005
Concept Sketch: "Discovering" CHANGED MY CONCEPT

HI EVERYONE
PLEASE READ THIS
I NEED CRITICS FROM NOW ON

WHETHER GOOD OR CRUEL I NEED
CRITICS. OPEN TO EVERYONE.

I recently changed my ideas and concept.
I entered the challenge so late and there is not much time left.
Also I see that there are many combat scenes.
I hardly believe that I can complete the combat scene as I imagine at the beginning.
Thus I want to change it to a PEACEFUL one.

This new scene introduces some spacemen discovers something in an exile area.

WAIT FOR THE ADDITIONAL WIP PICTURES
I pray I hope to send more

01 January 2005
Thumbs up

Hi there,

It seems you have changed the timeline so your work covers after the war. It is ok but will we be able to see smoke from the explosion and also some war leftovers like guns, bodies(dead) (maybe you can include some monsters here so it is spaceware).

I hope you finish it on time.

Your sketch looks fine but I am guessing it is only a part of the scene. Do you have a complete scene sketch or are you going to build it piece by piece.

Hocam iyi gidiyor. Bir iki resim daha çak buraya. İnşallah bir kaç kişi daha yorum yazar. Yorumlara verdiğin cevaplar da çok önemli. O yüzden özellikle ingilizce yazdım ki sen de bana ingilizce yaz jüriler olayın gelişimini görsün.

Hadi kolay gele....

Tufan

Just learning....

My Living Room WIP
My works:
www.geocities.com/mitralone

01 January 2005
Smile Explanations

Well, actually what the scene is that you see. It may seem bare regarding the previous one (the one that with a battle in it).

However you probably will see the WIP work over the new canvas. Infact I changed only the composition, not the items in the scene.

Result is hmmm.... OK My aim is to catch a minimalist scene. Not much rubbish on the ground, no crowds but clean and artistic (indeed more cinematographic) view.

With some brilliant ideas if I will be able to put on the picture, I pray and hope that it would be a good example.

My best wishes dear friend

Dost, artık biraz da senin için yarışıyoruz

01 January 2005
Concept Sketch: Starting Details

Here I start with the spaceman costume.
I am including some items, devices may took part in the scene.

Spaceman body is basic, things are minimal and seems not much muscular, just tried to be realstic.

You may remember the spaceman casque.

01 January 2005
Concept Sketch: Robot In The Pod

This is the detail sketch of the robot in the pod in the scene.

Thread Closed share thread