Exporting Vray Lights and Cams from 3ds Max to Maya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Exporting Vray Lights and Cams from 3ds Max to Maya

Hey,

does anyone know how to export Vray Lights and cams in a Scene from 3ds Max and import them into Maya. Is there any way to do that ? I managed partially to bring in Vray Materials as BRFD Mats... but would like to have the same lights in the scene...

Thx in Advance

03 March 2013
i could rebuild scene for you with materials, and get the 90% same render as in 3ds max

cheers

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by bazuka: i could rebuild scene for you with materials, and get the 90% same render as in 3ds max

cheers

well bazuka,

i don't doubt that for all i know is that you must be the one who even created a bunch of great maya shaders in a pack and posted them for free online with Paul Dreisen and Oliver Markowski within the Sunday Pipeline ... which i love and use alot.

( by the way there's now a new website http://vray-maya-materials.com/ )

So you're telling me basically to create my own lights... and tweak them until i have the same render..

well i am kinda doing that right now.... but i would still like to know if it's possible to get the vray lights from max imported into maya.... ?

cheers

03 March 2013
hi amigo,

u can try transfer as much as u can data from 3ds max, everything else u must done by hands there r no special tricks

cheers

03 March 2013
I saw a post by Vlado on the Vray forums about plans for a universal material format in the future, wonder if they'd consider the same for lights?

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread