CGTalk > Techniques > Art Techniques and Theories
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Old 10-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #106
Digital Painter
Melody Waller
I find this thread really funny... it's like looking at lost puppies in the pound... poor little abandoned
Anyways, I have some too

This is a a project that I still love the concept of. The theme was space, time, and matter. I was thinking it would be a triptic with 3 symbolic figures in each. Space: length, width, depth, Time: past, present, future and Matter: solid, liquid, gas. This one was Matter. I will still probably due something similar one of these days, it just won't be this image. I abandoned it when I had worked on it many many many hours, didn't save it *hits head on table* and then my computer crashed and I lost all that work.

This is one of the first things that I did when I got my tablet a year a go. I was working with a tiny brush and it was taking forever, and so I just set it aside... had every intention of going back to it... oh, and it's a portrait of my brother ...or should I say, 1/2 a brother lol

Last edited by mybutterflyiris : 10-27-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #107
Linda Bergkvist's #1 Fan
Meng Ling Sun Eleine
Asheville School
Morganton, USA
Send a message via MSN to UrbanKunoichi

Rustbucket: Your pieces, especially the last one, are gorgeous!

I have far, far more scrapped pieces than finished ones... *tear*

This is a piece I worked on I think aound last January-February... i think. I was pretty damned proud of it too, I may finish it someday.

This is also a piece from around that time. The large ugly looking lines are from the original thumbnail sketch. I have a layer of super thin detail lines over it that are nearly invisible in this size.

This piece... I can't even remember when I started it. I still like it though and I may finish it sometime far in the future. Maybe...

This is my entry for Spectacular 2D. I had so much inspiration for it. I think I messed up the composition though. I really really want to finish it but every time I open up the file I just sigh. I think it also has to do with the fact that it's in 500 dpi at 8000 by 6400 pixels so working on it also means quite a bit of lag. I wanted my contest piece to be highly detailed and in great quality, but I may just bring it down to 400 dpi or something. Meh. *frustrated*

This is a piece I did with the intention of practicing hair techniques with the advice from Linda Bergkvist's hair tutorial... but somewhere along I just stopped and got distracted again... Meh.

I really love the eyes and lips I painted on this piece. I was practiving a new technique that i believe is not working out all that well but I seem to be stuck with it. I also realized that the lips were to low on the face to I used free transform to move them. Hence the large purplish gap. Woot... Meh. I also have a lot of trouble with necks.

This is a painting I was working on because I was inspired by a photograph. I don't quite know why I stopped but I did. Wee.

This is probably my most recent painting. It is based off of a dress design I did inspired by Valentino (I love that designer, as well as Versaci, Gucci, BCBG, many, many more). I love this piece. I hope to finish it eventually. I think I scrapped it to do a doodle that turned out quite awful. I think I am going to try to finish my Spectacular 2D piece before I try anything else.

Closeup of the face:

This is a piece I did based off of an ad for Guess (I like their designs). I loved the feel of the actuall photograph but I am pretty sure I messed up the painting pretty bad. Oh well.

"Since Copernicus man has been rolling from the center toward x."~Nietzche

Last edited by UrbanKunoichi : 11-02-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #108
Emmanuel Silva
Abandoned Work

Lol, i have almost never finished a work, i know that sucks, but i am too perfectionist!! Its like a curse, when im almost finishing a work im never happy, and i forget about it. Or when im finishing something i like, suddenly a project or a hard homework comes up and takes my inspiration away.... howerver ill post my unfinishid work here soon, i hope so....
Old 02-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #109
Lord of the posts
George Patsouras
Graphic Designer & Digital Artist
Astoria, USA
Send a message via AIM to slickgreekgeo Send a message via MSN to slickgreekgeo
Here's some work that's not quite finished, and it'll probably stay that way...

Old 02-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #110
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread