Marco's Sketchpad

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2006
Marco's Sketchpad

Hi guys, I've been lurking around and staring in awe at all the talent in this forum for quite some time but I've never really posted. It's quite intimidating (and humbling) to see all the great work. It's quite amazing!

First of all I would like to properly introduce myself.

I grew up in Manila, Philippines but moved to the U.S. ten years ago. I've never had the chance to really work or spend more time on my drawing/sketching since my work has been quite demanding of my schedule – and my work is not specifically related to this kind of field. But, illustration is one of my favorite hobbies since I was a kid and I would love to get better at it.

So finally, I’ve decided to start really drawing again (after 3 years), I was actually inspired to do this after another member and I from another forum started a designer challenge exercise. And of course mostly inspired because of the work of people in these forums.

I would like to share illustrations I will be adding on to my sketchpad. I have no work at the moment that I consider as “finished.” These are just conceptual sketches – sadly finishing them gets postponed due to my work, but this time, I will definitely keep working on it and posting new stuff in this thread. I would like to improve my work in terms of quality and speed as well.

I have tried using a Wacom Intuos3 tablet and Painter but I think I need more time to get used to it. For now, I’ll continue sketching, scanning, and painting with a mouse in Photoshop CS. I can’t really do 3D at the moment. Aside from not really having familiarity with most of well-known programs, I don’t have time to learn it and don’t have the computer to handle it.

Anyway, that’s a bit about me. Time to get to the drawings:

Below is a sketch of a character called “Snow.” She’s initially drawn with Mother Nature in mind. The sketch took about 15-20 minutes and the painting in about 30 minutes - since I have not been drawing for a long time, I had to get into the grove. Maybe I’ll end up faster when I switch to the tablet.

Below is another sketch of Snow/Mother Nature riding a python. Time: 3 hours

Below is the last illustration I did before I started to draw again (was done 3 years ago). I saw a hallmark 50th birthday card that had the grim reaper in it and thought it would be cool to make a serious one, but in the end I felt that it had a Nazgul look to it. So I stopped.

Thanks for dropping by!

01 January 2006
Yes, I like them. Looks good. I'm sure with just a little more work, you'll soon post in the galleries. I prefer the first girl picture.

Gitte

01 January 2006
Thanks! Here is another I've done 4 years ago, again it's totally not finished. The bludgeon must hurt her arse! I must have been drunk when I drew it.

Will try the tablet tonight...

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread