Pandora, Marta Dahlig (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Oh my... there you go again... *lol*

Thanks for sharing all the process too !

Not much words to comment... I think everybody already did it...

Superb !

Best regards !

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

11 November 2006
woow...incredible!
Really artistic!
5 stars!

11 November 2006
Amazing job - first class. Talented people like you are the real substance of this site!

11 November 2006
Originally Posted by BlacKeri: no references used

Forgetting for a moment that it's quite hard to believe you painted this without any references, what's the point in that? I'd never model a head or some hands without looking at a ton of pictures and such, they help, i use them.

Last edited by ThirdEye : 11 November 2006 at 12:17 AM.

11 November 2006
theflash: Thank you so much

waheednasir: You flatter me =)

Nelsonaprendiz: Thank you!

3dRaven: thank you, glad you like' em.

ikuru: thanks

kgolebczyk: Dziekuje bardzo!

gaianix: thanks!

INFINITE: thank you.

jramauri: thank you so so much

flyingP: Thank you. I have done a lot of anatomy and light studies before painting them though.

michael-olszak: Thansk a bunch!

Conkrys: thank you!

zweiDee: Thanks a lot for your feedback

pnkdan: Thanks, I really appreciate those words.

Abyssis: Thanks

sandu22: Thank you for the comment

snowkiwi: Thank you, I'm really glad you liked the steps =)

Intervain: Thanks :P

m.ramdan: thank you

Spc: hehe, thanks!

The G-Man: Thanks, they were my main focal point.

jojo1975: Thank you, I hope the painting would/will help you

Nehak: Thanks, I hope this was even a bit insightful.

MartinDay: Dziekuje Btw, love your nick :P

Djampa: Thanks, it means a lot

SadElegy: Thank you very much

Lovas: Thank you for your kind words, it's really appreciated.

ThirdEye: I was so surprised to see you here, I have loved your Pu Yi for AGES. Thanks for dropping by. Anyway, I think I might have misinterprated the word reference in the description, mistaking reference for PHOTO reference. I didn't look at the photos when painting the hands, no, but I made some extensive studies on them before I started - light and anatomy wise. I sometimes also used a mirror to correct any problems, too. After so much work, I did not feel a need to additionally look at a photo while painting, and to be honest, I don't see anything wrong or weird about that. I suppose everyone has their own way of painting. Still, thanks for leaving a comment, cheers.

Last edited by BlacKeri : 11 November 2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typos

11 November 2006
Quote: Originally Posted by BlacKeri

I know you are 3d and I'm 2d, so it's a different category and everything, but you make me want to cry, throw out my tablet through the window and never paint again. Or, uh, work 24/7 to improve.

remember this ?

yeah right

very magical work , waiting for your website

11 November 2006
Originally Posted by MKor: remember this ?

yeah right

very magical work , waiting for your website

*bows* Wow, thank you so much for dropping by. It really means a lot. My website is still coming, should be up by November, or at least I really hope so. Btw, cograts on the award, definitely most deserved!

11 November 2006
Hey Marta!

Well, what can I say? This is truly lovely. I think this is my favourite of your works. I feel that everything connects very well, the lighting is gorgeous and beautifully rendered. The details are breathtaking.
Nice work on the hands!

11 November 2006
Thumbs up great work

wonderfull art ..it's realy great...we can fell the warm of atmospher..it's lovely art..i love it

2d artist
http://eyas.itgo.com/

11 November 2006
Uwaa.. love the box! Beautiful box! The fingers look so real too, and as usual your painting of cloth is amazing!

11 November 2006
Hi Marta,

I don't comment enough on here but this picture really makes me want to. Especially since I've been watching your work for a long time!

I love it I love it I love it. The palette is wonderful and I really admire you for taking the time to make a step by step for us all. I know you must be crazily busy so it's really special that you took the time as I can see how it could make things a little tedious!

And that change you made with messing up the curls a bit? That's exactly right. You just did a portrait of me with that one! I've got endless messy curl reference... Nice work there too!

I've finally got a wacom tablet for home now (ain't ebay grand?!) rather than just being a little drone at work, so hopefully when I finally post something up you'll see it!

I just got Exotique too last week and I've gotta say your stuff really stands out.

Love your stuff, can't wait for more! Just had to say it
Lexy.

12 December 2006
Well, Lovely work, So much details, and I love details, So I guess I love your work ;-)

12 December 2006
Madalaine: thank you very much, it means a lot! I have really worked on making everything fit, so it's great you noticed =)

dragon65: thank you very much =)

Pegahoul: Thanks a lot, I tried hard

Lexy: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I'm really glad you like the work, I really appreciate all of those kind words, too... =) I was ratheru nsure about the curls, first time painting such a style, so I'm glad they're ok. And yeah, do Wacoms rock hard or what?

MohannadGO: Hehe, thank you!

03 March 2007
Thumbs up Fantastic !

I like it alot. Great job. 5 Stars from me.

ruber

03 March 2007
Fantastic piece and description, you mention you used photoshop and painter, which parts did you use painter for? If you mentioned it or some one else asked, I apologise.

Sketchbook

Thread Closed share thread