Atomic Dream No. 7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  03 March 2009
Atomic Dream No. 7

On a recent visit to the Atomic Testing Museum in Nevada I couldn’t help but appreciate the surreal side of these monumental experiments nascent in the 1950’s. Considering the era it seemed an appropriate subject for my tribute to Yerka. It was a time of great scientific leaps, emerging freedoms and the end of innocence, but the first thing that struck me was the shape of the blasts. I find it miraculous how Nature can repeat the same form in so many different ways. I chose to work primarily from Yerka’s Jablkomania although there are extensive root/road structures in many of his works.

My painting was done entirely in Photoshop with an original size of 3840 x 2400 pixels. Comments and critiques most appreciated.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

14 March 2009:

Hi everyone,

I would like to share some detail images of my painting. It is almost impossible to see them clearly on the final image size! I was very pleased with the way the clocks and ice cream turned out, and I was particularly proud of the root "vignettes" because I felt as though I was creating pixel art. I hope you will like them:

Steampunk

Strange Behavior

Last edited by dodgeOrBURN : 03 March 2009 at 04:31 PM.

share thread