Marker Manager Released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Marker Manager Released

A little while ago I posted a preview of a plugin I was working on called Marker Manager. Well, it's out and available for purchase now.

Features:
-Easily Filter Visible Markers
-Easily Create Single or Multiple Markers
-Easily Manage Markers
-Easily Color Markers
-Easily Rename, Retime, or Regroup Markers
-Shift Groups of Markers forward or backward in time

You can get the plugin and watch a tutorial about it at the link below:
http://c4dtools.net/marker-manager/

It's a python plugin so it should work on Mac and PC no problems, and it's for R13+. Specifically, it requires the latest R13.029 or later I believe.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Bret

Last edited by xfon5168 : 10 October 2012 at 04:01 PM.

10 October 2012
Congratulation! Looks like an useful plugin. Jiri

10 October 2012
Thanks Jiri.

Hopefully people find it useful and such to warrant continuing development.

10 October 2012
I brought it and will be using it immediately. thanks bret

10 October 2012
Awesome plugin Bret!
This actually makes markers usable for me.
You have now created 2 of my favorite utility plugins.
Selection manager is killer, and I <3 marker manager.

10 October 2012
Finally made me feel like it's worth using markers again. XD

Oh, one bug though... The timecode portion of the markers behave like integer units. I use SMPTE for my Animation Units in the prefs, and the numbering's weird.

Timeline Display (30fps) -> Marker Manager Display
00:00:01 -> 00:01:00
00:01:29 -> 00:59:00
00:02:00 ->01:00:00

10 October 2012
Hey Gene thats an interesting issue indeed. Ill have a look to see what can be done.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by rustEdge: Finally made me feel like it's worth using markers again. XD

Oh, one bug though... The timecode portion of the markers behave like integer units. I use SMPTE for my Animation Units in the prefs, and the numbering's weird.

Timeline Display (30fps) -> Marker Manager Display
00:00:01 -> 00:01:00
00:01:29 -> 00:59:00
00:02:00 ->01:00:00

Still looking into this one Gene. SMPTE is a really weird from a BaseTime perspective. I have it working properly in Frames and Seconds now, but I'm still working on SMPTE. Its just odd because its like Seconds and Frames.

Anyway I'm still looking into it.

10 October 2012
Aye, no worries. Even if you just labeled the frame number as a unitless integer, but had the description that the number is in frames it would be okay.

I tried working with the BaseTime object before to read the location of keyframes, and it was a big mess. It feels like you should do as few external operations to it as possible, letting it do any time format conversions internally. With full-frames it's straightforward, though I don't know how stable it is working with drop-frames.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by rustEdge: Aye, no worries. Even if you just labeled the frame number as a unitless integer, but had the description that the number is in frames it would be okay.

I tried working with the BaseTime object before to read the location of keyframes, and it was a big mess. It feels like you should do as few external operations to it as possible, letting it do any time format conversions internally. With full-frames it's straightforward, though I don't know how stable it is working with drop-frames.

The biggest issue is that even if I set it to Frames, your prefs override it. I hope to be able to make it work either way.We will see. Hopefully it's not a limitation. We will see.

Yes working with BaseTime is painful. If you have Seconds set, it's easy cheese. Frames is pretty easy, but yes drop frames require some trickeration as GetFrame() returns only ints. But Marker Manager can handle them just fine. It's just stupid SMPTE giving me crap.

Last edited by xfon5168 : 10 October 2012 at 12:39 AM.

11 November 2012
Marker Manager 1.13 Released

Hey everyone,

Marker Manager 1.13 has been released. If you've already bought it, you should get a link for the update.

This update features a few critical fixes.

1. There was an issue where if you docked the plugin into your startup layout, CINEMA would crash on startup(Sorry about that), but this has been fixed now.

2. If you worked in Seconds or SMPTE, you were shit out of luck. Now you can work in whichever unit you prefer. Just note, that Every N Frames, is always expecting a Frame number, not Seconds.

It also added a couple little enhancements.

1. If you hold SHIFT when clicking the Create Marker Button, it will use the current frame as the start frame. This works for all 3 modes.

2. If you hold SHIFT and click on the Remove Group button, it will remove all the markers associated with the group.

Cheers and thanks for your support.

~Bret

11 November 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread