Explosion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2014
Explosion

This is my first time with Nuke, and its a lot to take in...... Also if i could get some feedback on my rendered sim. I tried to match the smoke to ground plate. I hope I am on the right track.

I am having issues with rendering in nuke, the image has pixels popping up, I believe it may be my video card..... My Card is a nvidia Quadro fx3800.

http://vid488.photobucket.com/album...oom_low_res.mp4

07 July 2014
You might want to change the perspective a little bit on the explosion, it seems that it wasn't rendered at the same angle as the ground plane of the grass. This causes your shadow to also be at the wrong angle too (it looks like your shadow is going all the way back to the mountain, giving the illusion that your explosion is literally the size of a mountain). The shadow being cast isn't nearly as dark (even at the contact of the explosion) as the shadows in your scene, but it looks like your scene is heavily color corrected as well with maybe too much contrast.

If you're going for the contrasted look then your explosion needs to be the same way as well. Or, alternatively, make sure the background isn't so contrasted.

reply share thread