Galactus, Alessandro Baldasseroni (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
That's a nice hat! I really love it

Looks so complex!! How many polygons?

03 March 2007
Thumbs up

Holy Cow! That is A W E S O M E!! I hope that would be in the third Fantastic Four movie! You made him look alive and real! If anyone see him appears on the planet now, say your prayers!

to what's_true about the height of Galactus: he's actually about 40 or 50 feet tall (not sure of the specific height). He used to be a humanoid being named Galen, a scientist, who lived to see the end of the dying universe and when it collapsed, Galen was transformed by an even-more powerful, unknown force of creation that eventually turned into a big bang, giving birth to a new universe, emerged with a godlike living force of nature known as Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds. I got this straight out remembering from Jack Kirby's single-issue The Origin of Galactus comic book from the 1980s (a rare gem in comic book collection industry). John Bryne was working on the Last Galactus Story serial for the Epic Illustrated magazine but he never finishes the last part, unfortunately. :(

03 March 2007
Alessandro, I'd just like to publicly thank you for all the love you've poured into this character. It's one of the best things about working at blur- handing concepts off to amazing modelers and seeing results like these- cheers!

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by chukw: Alessandro, I'd just like to publicly thank you for all the love you've poured into this character. It's one of the best things about working at blur- handing concepts off to amazing modelers and seeing results like these- cheers!

Thanks Chuk ... but the greatest merit goes to you for restyling him in such a modern and solid way , i just think i`ve been a good executor

Ale

Personal portfolio

Facebook page

Character modeling for production DVD

03 March 2007
I suddenly feel so...

...small...

...beautiful work. The metal textures are gorgeous!

~Z~

03 March 2007
An excellent detailed Galactus, this is simply how he should be in 3d form.

03 March 2007
Thumbs up

Really horrorshow stuff :o

03 March 2007
Very very nice. I like the colors as well

05 May 2007
you done a SUPERB JOB....

09 September 2007
Talking wow

Well done . . ...

01 January 2008
Nice work!! it's even better if you can put silver surfer so we can really feel how big Galactus is..

01 January 2008
According to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Deluxe Edition, Galactus' height is 28'9".

And, seriously, add the Silver Surfer! I would love to see your beautiful work applied to him.

- Le Messor
"Expansion means complexity, and complexity decays."

06 June 2008
nice the character is greatly portrayed.

03 March 2009
Cool

yeah
Originally Posted by BuendiaCG: cool, too bad in the movie galactus is going to be just some weird entity, not an actual character

I watched Rise of The Silver Surfer and there is a slight silhouette of Galactus, the humanoid figure, in the clouds. Real subtle, easy to miss.

03 March 2009
Originally Posted by nuwud: I watched Rise of The Silver Surfer and there is a slight silhouette of Galactus, the humanoid figure, in the clouds. Real subtle, easy to miss.

According to the commentary, they wanted to leave his final image for whoever made the (then-planned) Silver Surfer movie.

- Le Messor
"The biggest mistake one can often make in life, is to be constantly fearing they will make one."
- E.S.F.

Thread Closed share thread