3D Workshop: Digital Anatomy Sculpture 1! The human hand - With Simon Roth

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  04 April 2006
3D Workshop: Digital Anatomy Sculpture 1! The human hand - With Simon Roth

Digital Anatomy Sculpture 1! The human hand - With Simon Roth

Starting Tuesday 25th : Ending Tuesday 9th of May

Hi Guys,

I think its about time we started getting some Z-brush anatomy lessons on the go. This workshop will be open to everyone, from Newbies, to seasoned pros, to learn, practice and perfect their skills and understanding.

The aim of the workshop is to explore the anatomy of the hand and lower arm, looking at the skeletal structure, the muscles and the full hand.

We will focus on modelling the hand in 3d sculpture applications such as Z-brush (or conventional packages), however we welcome all valuable inputs such as annotated sketches and photos.

For those of us who are lacking, or have misplaced their hands. I have provided some high Res photography of my own to help you on your way.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I have also produced a low Res base mesh to work from for people who can't model their own, or are having difficulties attaining reasonable proportions

.OBJ

.ZTL - For the demo users!

For high skilled modellers, I expect you to make your own. If your feel your base mesh is an improvement on mine feel free to contribute it to the thread.

For people who have never used z-brush or do not own a copy a free 30-day trial is available from their site. here

How to navigate the interface

Rules

1. Although I will be giving comments and critique throughout the thread and helping with technical issues, the thread is about a community input to help each other develop our skills in a constructive group critique and interaction. Flaming is not allowed.

2. This thread is about sculpture. We are not looking at your mesh flow, etc. Keep it focused on the anatomy and not the technical aspects of creating a 3d mesh.

3. Please limit the SIZE of your POSTS to 800 pixels WIDTH x Appropriate pixel LENGTH. No huge images, please!

4. You can create as many different models as possible, but avoid flooding the thread, just post your best work. Everyone should at least try a complete hand (with skin), then we can start experimenting with modelling what lays beneath the skin.

Begginners aims - To create a basic hand in a relaxed pose with correct proportion.
Pro aims - To produce realistic detailing, weight and posing.

5. Lets make this fun!

Lets get started!

Last edited by 99sproth : 04 April 2006 at 09:53 PM.

share thread