Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Zara Corral

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2007
Hi Zara! Congratulations for your final piece! I suggest you to leave the image as it is. It's fantastic! Good luck!

11 November 2007
Smile

Medunecer, first of all excuse this late reply, I have been a bit busy these days. Thanks a lot for your words! And Good luck to you too! Good luck for all!

11 November 2007
hey Zara, congratulations for finishing such an incredible image!
I think you can be proud of Mr Finch, if I had to make one last suggestion, (silly note) if you want you could just to resubmit the final image, so that it appears in the main thread mini-pic and also in the entries page, instead of the image with the closeups, no? or maybe you prefer that the image with the colseups appears there, cause that's where you explain the story too...

11 November 2007
Smile

Thanks Fernando! ¡Muchas gracias! I thought about resubmitting again the final image so it will appear in the thread' thumb, in the first place of my entry and of course in the Entries Page. I think that way wont make people going along the pages to find the last final image if they don't want to see the whole process since the begining, you are right. I suppose I hate double posts too much to even make a conscious one myself hehe, but in this case maybe is the best. I should have posted the story and the panels first *Takes notes for next time* Thanks again for your words and wise suggestion. I'm going to resubmit it again right now, and sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Thanks.

11 November 2007
Final Image: Mr.Finch

The final image.

11 November 2007
well done, the paint style is empeckable (sorry for the pun). Mr. Fench also brings a certain sense of sadness to me. It makes me wonder if any one looks after him, after all the looking after he has done for his birds. I feel this image draws up emotion which is the exact sort of thing you need for this contest, well done!

11 November 2007
Smile

Thank you so much for your words Christopher! -smiles- And I suppose yes, the piece also holds a touch of tragedy. Like life itself, somehow, you know despite the behaviour, you can find the funny and traggic side in the situation. Perhaps his desires of company/human family, plus his obsession with the birds made him ended that way, having that strange behaviour, in which you doubt if it would be possible or not, if he is simply acting strange or if it goes further and his own body and nature follow his desires falling into strange ways too. Despite what you wonder about his future, which was so tender of you! hehe, think that he holds hope inside, and who knows if a baby-bird too! *grins* So his (and the birds') future wont be that bad.

11 November 2007
So thats the final one! good work Zara! the detail on the hay and all the surroundings is completely amazing. The color pallette's warmth also adds to the "mom" feeling and definitely really tranquil and pleasant. Definitely weird and strange but also very pleasing and soft(I dont know, I ran out of adjectives). Anyway it was awsome going through this competition with sucha a good artist and I definitely hope to see you in the next challenge or around cgtalk. Oh, and thanks for the comments on my thread, definitley helpful!
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

11 November 2007
Thumbs up Great and beautiful !

Hey Zara, this is beautiful!! awesome image!! I love the great lighting and atmospher on it!! Surely is a great and evocative concept that really moves the mind. Great and peaceful expression on Mr. Finch. You achieve a superb and powerful concept. Congratulations Zara for this awesome art work and good luck!!

11 November 2007
Smile

JuanPablo, thank you so so much for your words (here and in your own entry -wink-) and let me say you exactely the same, my participation here has been something great and new for me (yes, this was my first challenge) and I have learnt a lot from all of you, I also find great ideas, lots of support...and having artist around like you was and is a priviledge! A good new experience, for sure I will be in the next challenge and around the community! I'm very glad you like Mr.Finch' final result, I really appreciate it. Thanks and Good luck!

Fernando, thanks again for your comments and support -smiles- I'm very happy you like what I had done here hehe. ¡GRACIAS! Good luck to you too!

Thank you guys!

Good luck for all and congratulations to those who could finally finnish their pieces.

11 November 2007
Well Zara I am so pleased that you made it to the finish line with this most disturbing of pieces. It is very emotional and the look of complete rapture on the mr. Finch's face is truly remarkable, I wish you the very best of luck and hope to bump into you around the community from time to time.

Well done my friend!

11 November 2007
thanks for the comments on my side! As I said, awsome job on the piece and also thanks for the help on the forum!
STRANGE BEHAVIOR

11 November 2007
Sean, thank you very very much! -smiles- I highly appreciate it and I'm glad you like it. For sure I will have an eye on your work! Your piece is impressive.

Juan Pablo! thanks again for your words and support, you're great! Gracias de nuevo!

11 November 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread