C4DtoA to support C4D Noises natively/procedurally..

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

3 Weeks Ago
a trusted source told me that the Arnold team is working hard to provide a user friendly solution for this.
I'm sure they will deliver on that promise.

3 Weeks Ago
Thanks guys

First of all, Im sorry for derailing the convo here. I thought it would be a quick way to get my question in front of the right eyes and hopefully get a quick and easy answer. If a mod wants to split this off thats quite alright with me.

To continue--I gotta say Im really frustrated.
Its perfectly reasonable for 3d animators to need to roll their sleeves up now an then and dig into terminal and code for certain tasks, but this process so far has gotten me to the point where Im ready to give up. I had a window of time to get things running for this current project and now its clear I'll have to put it off till the next project. I dont blame the Soild Angle folks as they've been amazing from the start. Its clearly Autodesk messing things up. If I were them, I'd be looking at the competition out there in the render engine realm today and try to make the product as no-brainer as possible for users.

Thanks tehuti for posting the links. I'll see if I can get my head around it all again. I may be wrong but I think I might have come across one of your posts in the SA forums as I tried searching for answers.

And noseman--thanks for the glimmer of hope. I know that your "trusted sources" mean well and Im sure they will come through. Just had to vent

Last edited by JoelDubin : 3 Weeks Ago at 07:20 PM.

3 Weeks Ago
Hi Joel

I share your pain with the licencing but Solidangle support are great at sorting things out if you go to them. In my case I have Maxwell running too which uses an older version of RLM and caused some weird clash. Every time I updated C4DtoA it would break the licencing of Arnold. In the end they logged into my machine and fixed it so Maxwell and Arnold both ran from the same version of RLM and it's worked well since then. I get the feeling they're not the biggest support department but they're one of the best I've dealt with.

3 Weeks Ago
Hi Loop Corp. I totally agree. I've had a great experience in the past working with SA tech support.

It was my understanding that this issue was more of a question for Autodesk since its using their licensing system, which is what I need for the annual licensing I am currently enrolled in. The RLM is what I was using up till now but that seems to have been dropped for annual license holders and is now only used for monthly subscribers--unless Im getting the info wrong. (that one was a bit of a challenge to figure out too)

Anyway--Illl check in wth SA TS and see if they can help. Thanks

3 Weeks Ago
yes, I was primed that I'd be changing to Autodesk licencing this year but it didn't happen and when I asked about it (I thought it might fix problems I was having with RLM) they sort of said "why bother changing to AD licencing? it's more or less the same. So I'm still on RLM

reply share thread