Female torso study

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2007
Female torso study

It was quite a long process from the sketch to the final, if you can even call it a final. These were the three major stages of the study.

Cheers,
Paul.

09 September 2007
Hi,

is it me or there is something wrong with the (our) right leg? The space between the two legs doesnt look normal.

09 September 2007
Hey Mantat,

I'm not denying that there are probably anatomical errors, it's all apart of the learning process. I appreciate you taking a look.

09 September 2007
pau1winslow: Nice study!! I like the pose very much.
I think Mantat meant something like this. Hope you don't mind me doing this paintover.

Based on the lighting on her right breast (our left) I also enhanced the shape of her left one to match the other.

09 September 2007
Thank you, pixel, and again to Mantat. I appreciate any interest, which includes the paint over I see how it would improve the study.

I can't actually take credit for the pose as I used photographic reference from characterdesigns.com and painted the study using a method that I adopted from Joel Carlo - using the photograph under a cutout filter to understand the positive and negative spaces (In seperate documents, by the way, in case that sounds like a paint-over method).

More to come soon.

Cheers,
Paul.

Last edited by pau1winslow : 09 September 2007 at 10:32 PM.

09 September 2007
Quote: using the photograph under a cutout filter to understand the positive and negative spaces

thanks. Sounds like a very good educational technique.

09 September 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread