Sketchbook Thread of Frejasphere

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2012
Hi Annette.

Nice job on that drawing..

About the pawns walking off of the chess board...Great thought there. But I think that the Gods on Mt Olympus keep/kept a huge fly swatter handy for such ocassions..
Take Care Annette
Glenn

Last edited by SpiritDreamer : 01 January 2012 at 02:29 PM.

01 January 2012
Hi all

Oh Glenn you make me laugh! The fly swatter definitely conjures up a hilarious image!
Thanks for popping in

I've done another sketch in my book - this one is trying to capture the feeling of being under water - although it's sort of a cross between observing and being there, if that makes sense... I love swimming - being surrounded by water, cut off from everything else, is blissful - and although it's all about constant motion, following that black line up and down the pool, is probably my best form of 'meditation'

cheers all and take care.
a

05 May 2012
Hi all...

I finally finished and sent my sketchbook off to the US... it's been a busy mad time trying to meet that deadline along with finishing paintings for my exhibition... Although posting WIPs is a great way to get fresh objective views on where different pieces are heading - I sometimes need to just put my head down (computer silence) and finish the work before I can even begin to think what to say about it...

So... here are the final pages of my sketchbook:

Going Home - there is something about the ocean I find quite magic...

Anxiety - this is a pencil sketch for a painting

Polarity - another sketch for a painting I was working on

Tranquillity - sketch for third painting in the series...

Myths and Imagination - where inspiration comes from... (pen & ink drawing)

Life Journey - Myths and stories help me visualise forces in life and death

The Duality of Life and Death - graphite and coloured pencil.

Windows of Opportunity - pen, graphite and coloured pencil

Bargaining with the Time Lord - As I run out of time I often dream of striking a bargain with
the elusive lord of time...

Keys to Art - Imagination, Inspiration & Creativity...

Exhibition work is finished too (drying) & I will post images in my next update...

I hope you're all well - unfortunately I've used up all my 'images' so I cannot sign off with a smiley face - but it's definitely there in thought!
a.

05 May 2012
Hi Annette

Luvin all of those concepts..All great ideas for subject paintings..subject being your own feelings in visual form regarding the subject, which is you..

Wishing you the best of luck in the outcome of your showing..

As Always..Take Care Annette,..and Keep Inspired and Inspiring...Always..

Glenn

05 May 2012
Thanks Glenn for stopping by with your encouraging comments

Hoping all is well your end
a

07 July 2012
In between other things I've been doing some pencil drawings - both using photographs as a reference, both done using my much loved Caran d'Ache fixpencil (3mm 6B), I like the softer (darker) lead, because you can sharpen it to get detail, but you also get nice dark tone without having to push through the paper

cheers all and take care
a.

07 July 2012
HEY Annette

I like those last two drawings that you posted..they capture alot of emotion , mood, and feeling.
I was just thinking that maybe use a variety of leads,..from the soft 6b as you have done,..for the recessed and shadow areas,..and then a harder lead for the raised surfaces and areas that catch more light..and only leaving a tiny, tiny area untounched by lead where the highlight happens..A gradual transition of gradation from darkest darks to lightest lights kind of system of rendering approach..Takes a little longer, but is well worth it in the end...for these kind of drawings that you are doing with pencil.
Anyway,..just a passing thought on my part that may be useful to you..who knows..

Hope all is well with you and yours over in your neck of the woods. and as always Take Care and Keep Inspired and Inspiring Annette..
Glenn

07 July 2012
Thank you Glenn Great to have you pop in and say hi good point with the different leads, variation is always a good way to create more depth and contrast. All is well here, busy (as usual) and cold (winter) - but still good - Hope all is well your end too!

Here's another drawing - revisiting a face I've drawn before... (seems I'm stuck in fantasy land judging by the subjects I'm choosing lately...)

cheers all and take care
a.

07 July 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread