Stretchy IK Leg.....Fail

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2011
Unhappy Stretchy IK Leg.....Fail

Ok so I have been through countless tutorials trying to setup a stretchy IK Rig. However, after following each step to the end when i go to test it out FAIL!. Most commonly the joints wont stretch and sometimes before even getting to the end when i go to Connect the Condition Node or Multiply Divide Node (depends on which tutorial) attribute to the Joint Scale X Y or Z i get error warnings (telling me that the joints may not functions as expected. I've tried almost everything I can think of Simplifying my joint chain to just spending 5hours last night tweaking numbers and random connections. Does anyone know what may be wrong?
Also on a side note since we are on the topic of Stretch IK's I had some question about their setup.

1: Do the two Distance Nodes or Null Groups need to be at each end of the IK?
(Meaning could I have joints within a certain point of an IK chain stretch but have other joints function regular)

Example: In a Arm, I want the joints from the clavicle to the shoulder to stretch but all other joints in the IK arm chain to function regularly. So when I pull on the Hand Manipulator the stretch only comes from the localized area (clavicle/shoulder area).

If this is confusing or need more information please do not hesitate to ask. Im frustrated to the point of tears
Thanks Cordale

01 January 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread