Foo House, Andrea Bertaccini (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

08 August 2013
Foo House, Andrea Bertaccini (3D)

Title: Foo House
Name: Andrea Bertaccini
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

A reproduction of a great project of the FOO house, a 2007 project of Satoshi Kurosaki.

08 August 2013
This is just crazy, I happened to have been working on this replica for months and uploaded it to the internet the same day you did. What a freakishly crazy coincidence. If you want, you can check out my version in my portfolio here:
http://thebeals.cgsociety.org/gallery/
or you can check out my wip here:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...441#post7649441
What do you think?

When I checked the gallery seeing if my render made it up, I saw yours and thought it was mine so I clicked and found it wasn't and was blown away! And then I realized that I never actually submitted it to be moderated. So I uploaded it again, sorry about the dup, moderators!

Anyways, good artistic reproduction. There are some really crazy photoshop overlays that seem really out of place. If that was your intention that ignore that comment. There also might be a couple small matte issues (the white bit on the front chair). But you definitely have good attention to detail and nailed some aspects I did not.

How long was your render time? I did mine in iRay and the render took waaaay too long to finish. It would be interesting to find out how Vray did with this setup.

Such a crazy coincidence, well done! I know way too well how much of a pain this was for me to finish. Congrats.

Last edited by TheBeals : 08 August 2013 at 02:33 AM.

08 August 2013
heheh, that was really crazy, your reproduction is really great.
I finished this some mounth ago (the final version was of February 2013) , this image was insert in the EXPOSE' 11, I published only yesterday cose I was really busy for work.
About the render time, sincerly I not remember the exact time, seams to me 32 hours.

Thanks for compliments

08 August 2013
That's incredible! Congrats on the award! Now I don't feel too bad about my render time. I stopped iRay at 24 hours and ended up having to clean up a lot of fireflies.

08 August 2013
looking is very good i like it very much
keep on & good luck

08 August 2013
Funny coincidence!

I was also going to recreate this house a year ago after seeing exactly the reference photo, but started working on another project instead.

Anyway, great job!!!

I think both are very similar and very good!
Facebook Page
"God is in the detail"

08 August 2013
I found the original image on architecturepastebook.co.uk about a year and a half ago, as soon as I find the time I started looking for information about the designer and any other photos that could give me an idea of ​​how you developed the 'home.
After some research I found the official website (http://www.kurosakisatoshi.com/arch.../foo/index.html) where I could study me some photos from other shots.
Let's say that if if the picture is not complicated, it was hard to play throughout the home without any reference, in order to obtain the same shadows and reflections same as the original.
The image was completed in February 2013, after which they gave that was selected for EXPOSE '11, I waited for the book to publish it.

Here you can find the wire and the scene overview:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (47.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (40.6 KB, 27 views)

09 September 2013
Beautiful interior, great light and perfect reproduction of the original photo.
Ottimo lavoro, complimenti!!

07 July 2014
Beautiful!
best,
Ismail

Supercharge Your CG Career with Smarter CG techniques.

reply share thread