photorealistic 3d portrait

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
photorealistic 3d portrait

Hello

Im not sure if I should be posting this question here, but here you go:

I am a freelance 3d artist, i design games. here is my website: www.robertoamenta.com

I am wanting to explore creating a photorealistic image of a person. craeted in 3d. modelled. textured renedered. Does anybody know any tutorial that will take me through each step and really understand it. I plan on using max, but open to using maya as well.

thanks!

10 October 2007
Hi,

as you have some really beautiful drawings in your portfolio I guess it all starts with the modelling (leaving out the step where you need to learn what a face looks like... ).

At the moment there's a very popular 3d modelling workshop thread for modelling old age people's portraits, so head on over to it!

As concerns texturing and rendering I suggest you look for specific questions like these in the other technique and software related forums on CGTalk like this one, here

10 October 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread