|10-20-2012, 11:04 AM||#1|
canton , USA
Join Date: Aug 2012
Rigging Ik spline help please
Hi guys I've got a problem that has been haunting me for a while and it has returned. Its about IK spline. I have a clusters being controlled by locators which are being driving by an expression for stretch. but no matter what I do I cant figure out why when I rotate the head the IK handle itself rotates which jacks things up. Any ideas on this?
|10-22-2012, 01:04 AM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2008
I'm not sure this is helpful but here I am trying to explain a possible way of getting the snout to follow the head but not rotate. There probably is a simpler solution.
It involves grouping, and then grouping again. It involves duplicating a group and removing the duplicated groups children. It involves point constraint.
1. group all the nodes involved in snout.
2. move the pivot of the group to the head joint.
3. Then group the (group made in 1.) one more time and move this group's pivot to the head joint
4. make the spine ik curve for the snout inherit transform off.
5. Duplicate the (group made in 3.) and remove all the children of it.
6. Point constrain the (group made in 5.) to the (group made in 3.) (5. drives 3.) maintain offset on.
7. Parent the (group made in 5.) to head joint
What I think should happen is the snout should move with the head (because its parents parent moved by head). But it shouldn't rotate.
Also because the group of the snout doesn't have any constraints… (reason we made two groups not just one)
Could add an animator control controlling the snouts rotation.
Hope this was helpful.
|10-22-2012, 01:04 AM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|