Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
silviudinu
Veteran

portfolio
silviu adrian dinu
Bucharest, Romania

Bridge over nothing, silviu adrian dinu (2D)

Title: Bridge over nothing
Name: silviu adrian dinu
Software: Blender, Photoshop

Main focus of this exercise was the architecture of a stone bridge of impressive proportions. The bridge needs to be sustained by some human shape pillars and lead the eye towards a castle in the background.

Behance: http://www.behance.net/dinusilviuadrian
deviant: http://silviudinu.deviantart.com/gallery/
blogspot: http://dsa-sketch.blogspot.ro/
cgHub: http://silviudinu.cghub.com/

Old 10-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
linainverse23
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Veronica Purpura
Anaheim, USA

Cool

Or at least, what's the left the castle in the background. I do like the imposing stature of the bridge and I like the human figure elements to its design. It kind of reminds me of one of the bridges leading to the Vatican (there's one with angelic statues on top of both sides). I like the level of detailing and textures you got on the stone work and landscaping. It gives it a sense of realism. By the way, is that a little walkway at the bottom (making the bridge pointless, as your description suggests)? I also like the design of the armor for the statues (I bet you had some nice references to help get it to look so convincing; since good armor is difficult to portray without looking at the real thing). The figure on the horse is a tad vague, though (although I like the horse itself). And some of your fog or mist is a little uneven in its distribution (some is high and some is low), but these are subtle critiques. Your atmospheric lighting is very good and I like the color scheme (simple and earthy, but not saturated or too bland). The red tints on the rocks on the foreground compliment the greenish tints of the background landscape without being too obviously contrasting (a nice balance there). Overall, this is a very successful piece. Keep it up. Great job.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
silviudinu
Veteran

portfolio
silviu adrian dinu
Bucharest, Romania

wow.. this is quite a reply
Its an older piece of work of mine and looking at it now i can spot alot of thing that are wrong with it like the fog and some of the details that needed a little bit more work (characters statues itself and some beckground pieces).
With the walkway at the bottom i wanted to give the impression of an old elevated roadway leading from the bridge to the castle that was used when the cannion was flooded or something.
The briedge and statues are 3D with some textures overlayed.
Thanks

Old 10-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
linainverse23
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Veronica Purpura
Anaheim, USA

ah, so it's kind of like a matte painting. thanks for explaining the walkway at the bottom. I'm glad you like my reply (I tend to talk a lot about stuff that has a lot going for it or is interesting; you had a lot going for you in this one).

Old 10-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread