CGTalk > WIP > WIP/Critique: 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #106
fab11

Hi Pyke,

great to see some progress!
This looks (again) very very nice.
It is a very good idea to give the player some cinematic sequences. I was always too very excited about the next great rendering sequence to see in a game.

Can you tell something about the status of STASIS?
Are you at 50% / 70% or something like that of the final game?

All the best for you in 2013!
And hopefully this is the year that STASIS is being released!
(It is always good to have some pressure!)

Cheers,
fab

Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #107
Pyke
White Zulu

portfolio
Christopher Bischoff
Lead artist & game designer.
The Brotherhood
Johannesburg, South Africa

Send a message via MSN to Pyke

Game wise Im passed the 50% mark (like 60%), but its a difficult thing to measure because some chapters are taking longer than I thought, and some are just a breeze to do.

Cinematic wise, I have currently about 15 - 20 minutes of them, with the final probably clocking it at around 30 minutes of fully animated sequences.

Music Im still quite early on, but Im experimenting a lot with having the game be very silent, and music coning from instances IN the game, and only occasionally having 'game music' appear. Its a balance between 'awesome' and 'boring', and trying to find that middle ground!

I havent recorded any of the voice actors, but that will be the absolute last thing I do, so I can tweak the script as I go through the game, and not have to re-record anything.

The game design and puzzle design is 100% complete.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #108
Pyke
White Zulu

portfolio
Christopher Bischoff
The Brotherhood

Last year I moved houses, and have been wanting to redo my new office for a while. I decided that I needed some really cool images framed and on the wall...things I could look at and be inspired by! But it had to be related to STASIS. This room is, after all, where STASIS is being born...

Each image took roughly a day to produce (over nights after work), and feature assets that are built for the game. I think this also gives a good idea about how detailed the assets are! You are also getting your first real look at John Maracheck, and the Plug Suit.

Originally, I was going to have writing on them, but honestly, I think that the images speak for themselves.

When they are printed, and block mounted, I will take some photos of the office for you guys to see where the magic happens. Until then, I hope that you enjoy these images as much as I enjoyed creating them!

-Chris

Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #109
Pyke
White Zulu

portfolio
Christopher Bischoff
The Brotherhood

I sometimes take a break from vivisections, rotting corpses, and the cold hard floors of The Groomlake to indulge either my artistic, or game designer side. Here are a few examples of previous side projects I’ve done. My general rule is to not allow them more than 3 days, with the exception of 1KL, which was a 2 week process (but involved actually making a fully playable tech demo…so it was time well spent!).

http://www.stasisgame.com/stasis-infinite/

These side projects are honestly some of my favorite things to do, and things that I think many people really appreciate. It, in a strange way, actually focuses me MORE on STASIS by letting me step back for a few nights and just let my imagination run wild.
Of course, with BIOSHOCK being a massive influence on STASIS, I could not ignore the awesome world that Irrational Games has created with BIOSHOCK: Infinite.
Although I have not played the game (seriously, I’m HORRIBLE at finishing games. I haven’t even gotten to the planet yet in Dead Space 3), I delved into the story by watching Lets Plays, and reading up on all of the theories that went into it. Although, the thing that interested me most was the city of Collumbia! And naturally, it needed some ‘Isometricing’, because all games would look better in 2D Isometric.
So, I present to you: STASIS – INFINITE!

-Chris

Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #110
Syndicate
need a coffee

portfolio
JonB
Australia

Nice work Chris! I keep thinking about your Stasis project as I participated in the Indie Dev thread a while ago.
Keep up the great work, I'm sure you game is going to be epic!

Old 05-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #111
Pyke
White Zulu

portfolio
Christopher Bischoff
The Brotherhood

Thanks man-Im still working away at it. Its a little difficult sometimes to post Work In Progress shots, because one the biggest aspects of an Adventure Game is the discovery of new areas-so I need to keep the mystery going!

Old 05-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #112
Syndicate
need a coffee

portfolio
JonB
Australia

Totally understand. Funny how we think these games can be done in 6 months right? 2 years later... still chugging along!

Old 05-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #113
Pyke
White Zulu

portfolio
Christopher Bischoff
The Brotherhood

I saw you finished your game! Congrats man!

Yeah-Im moving onto year 3 of something that was planned at 3 - 6 months....crazy!

Old 05-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #114
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread