Puzzled on why Mr. n00B (me) is unable to skew a sub-object

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Question Puzzled on why Mr. n00B (me) is unable to skew a sub-object

Hi everyone.

I must say, I'm so green with 3DS Max that I can photosynthesize, so apologies in advance if my question breaks the n00b meter. I hope I can use the right 3ds Max lingo...

The problem: I'm unable to move/reshape part of an object in sub-object mode (a simple frame with the Symmetry modifier applied). Vertices/edges/polygon selected won't budge, as if they were "stuck"... or rather I can't reshape it in the direction I want, as if something held it back.

Or: I select all the vertices, but when I try to skew it forward, one or more of the vertices stay in place.

The object is not frozen, BTW. And no, I'm not trying to select the mirrored side of the object :-P

For occasions like this one, I always keep several versions of the file I'm working on, and the previous one doesn't have that problem. I'm not sure what I could have done to cause that in the current version.

I'm probably just going to use the older file and start over... Still, I want to learn, so I'd appreciate any insights you might have. Any ideas what could've caused that, and/or how to go around it? What should I look out for to sidestep that in the future? Etc. If you need more info (not sure what else I should include), let me know.

Thanks in advance. Have a good evening.

Ed

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread