Good Hair day at Maxon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by Zendorf: Rich, I know what you mean! Most likely all my characters from now on will have some hair/fur on them and be running in fields of lush grass

... and falling over a lot to show off the dynamics of the fur/hair and grass interaction. Hurrah!

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by ooo: I think Srek mentioned it should ship before X-mas if everyting goes like planned. Don't know if everything still goes well?

Although we did not hit real snags it seems we won't make it for december. It's those small odds and ends that sometimes kill the best planning :(

Sorry
Björn

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by Srek: Although we did not hit real snags it seems we won't make it for december. It's those small odds and ends that sometimes kill the best planning :(

oh, shucks :(

By the way, did you guys at Maxon think about some kind of "Buy & Download" system? I think it's a really great way to buy software. It's cheaper for everyone, more convenient and I think it would work great with Maxon's module system. I know that won't change anything for the current release, off course, but for the future that would be really great.

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by Srek: Although we did not hit real snags it seems we won't make it for december. It's those small odds and ends that sometimes kill the best planning :(

Sorry
Björn

All the better for you and us! You know as well as I that developers never meet their deadlines unless they are incompetent or just finishing the documentation. Better working software later than trash shoveled out the door as quickly as possible.

For the best possible hair system, I'll wait, thank ya very much.

- Elvis has left the building -

Final joke: And remember that curling irons are good for getting kinks out of hair ... systems. (ba-dum-bah!). I got a million of 'em (minus a few hundred thou).

C4D-R16, VS2012, Xcode 4.6

Last edited by Kuroyume0161 : 12 December 2005 at 11:24 AM.

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by Codexus: oh, shucks :(

By the way, did you guys at Maxon think about some kind of "Buy & Download" system? I think it's a really great way to buy software. It's cheaper for everyone, more convenient and I think it would work great with Maxon's module system. I know that won't change anything for the current release, off course, but for the future that would be really great.

I second that.

Jorge Arango

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread