I'm fed up with MAX!!!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2003
Привет...
Оставь сцену с глюком, но мне кажется что это всеравно только у тебя, так как я никогда не сталкивался с подобной проблемой... странно...

03 March 2003
Quote: Originally posted by -=InQ=-
2Sir Eel:
No, I don't use no plugs, just don't need any... Yes, reloading helps sometimes, but when you work 14 hours a day, all those little bugs become a big trouble :(

What is the purpose of sending those bug lists to Discreet? I can't even prove it :(
How often do you seen an updates from them? Once a year? Nobody will compile an update specially for me.

Sorry, for bothering you folks, I just needed to complain to someone

Anyway, it's usefull to know more then one 3D package. Maybe MAX is just not mine

Thank you for the support.

Like gaggle, I think the problems you're having might be more localized to machine or configuration -- or at least some of them. I can't find the same problems here.

But again, the best way to solve them is probably on the discreet board or via phone (if you're within the U.S.) or perhaps direct e-mail contact with discreet. Good luck.

Mahlon

03 March 2003
Erka2, I don't think this board supports Cyrillic characters?

Anyway, just a completly off-the-top-off-my-head kind of thought: Could your problems be related to using russian local settings?

I'm running with danish keyboard settings here (english OS though), and there are some.. trickery, involved, with our use of comma's to denote decimal numbers (fact of the day: in Denmark half a dollar would be 0,50 cents. A thousand dollars would be $1.000). I just got to loosly pondering that maybe that weird-ass Cyrillic character-set you russians use is mucking things up? I could imagine Discreet's support-center is not neccessarily equipped with a wide range of Russian test-machines...

(Oh and btw, I swear Russian is just absolutly completly unreadable .. wish I knew an easy way to learn it somehow though)

03 March 2003
>For example. I want to cut my mesh into 2 parts. I use quickslice. NOTHING happens! I use slice plane - same!

What s/o level are you trying this from?; only way I could see it not working, assuming correct tool use and things working properly, would be to be trying to use quickslice/slice when you have a face selected away from the area you want to slice. In that instance, nothing would happen because only the selected face would be able to be sliced. This also assumes you just want to add an edge someplace on the mesh; to split it into 2 seperate elements you'll need to have split checked.

>One of the mapped polygons doesn't have an outer segment and is mapped incorrectly. And you can kill yourself, but MAX will map those 2 polys only this way!

No idea what you're describing here.

>and what should I select when polygon corner is welded to another polygon? Detach doesn't help (btw, it should!!).

Detach Edge Verts, or (at the poly level in the Unwrap editor) Break. Both seperate a selection from the rest of the mesh at the border of the selection. Detach Edge Verts should work best.

03 March 2003
Also, if you have a file that's having these problems, post it, perhaps that way it can be seen if it's a bug on other's system or something local to your machines.

03 March 2003
Some strange things will happen when modeling in perspective viewport.But use viewport works fine.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread