One Failed Uplift, Tomasz Jedruszek (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2008
Gorgeous art. Reminds me a little of Devil May Cry 4 (which is a good thing).

05 May 2008
Originally Posted by theblackmage: or that people who are claimed to be evil but have good intentions at heart, but we see their methods as evil. or people who do "Evil" things cause of traumatic past experiences...or by the influence of some one else...i don't think I've ever heard a story of spontaneous evil...

hey we started quite interesting ethic conversation here and I was already about to lose my faith in this forum, thanks guys

And I totally agree with you , I can even remeber a quote but not sure who said that

" we can fight the evil but what we suppose to do with wrong comprehended good"

I guess it was Great master of the Teutonic order or someone like this. They were fighting with pagans -and they were evil to Holly Church -but their only "evil" was they just believed different gods...

Looking at our life today we can see the most "evil" done to us is just our wrong intepretation of someone's "good" . For example people living in US doesn't accept disrespect for their flag and faith , while they sending troops to different corner of the world to kill anybody just thinking in other way than they do and they doesn't seems to care they are actually disrespect faith of those people not to mention flag ...as a matter of fact there are much worst things in war then just disrespected faith or flag - they are people dieing , women ,kids and it happens evry day ,every minute as we speak..but hey, those are just politics, right?. They aren't the only ones who does it -I have same problems in my country. Polish citizens expect to be threaten good in UK not just as cheap workers ,but once they comes back to Poland they throw bananas to black fooball players durring the game.
There is more stupidy like this all over the world and all could be solved in a blink of the eye if we just could see the same human as we are in our enemies.

But going back to the concept art - Yes my "angel" doesn't have to be evil as he looks . Why "Predator" was bad guy? Because he was hunting humans?Is That makes ,us humans, the worst killing monster for little rabbits or deers I just explained that one possible interpretation of the Angel as bad guy but still I hope there will be lot of people who find him actually ...cute?

As You read this You will notice I mentioned pagans ,Us people , polish people ,racists etc etc ... maybe the all evil we see is just because we belong to one organisation or the other , of coure there is nothing wrong to belong ,be part of soemthing -but what makes us think our organisation or structure is better than the other? Where that creazy race starts ...and where it ends? Why football competintion can be solved by playing the cup and haveing the winner ,and why arguing about Oil has to end with war? When we start to fight each other to be leader of the herd ,just like animals. Or we still have a chance to live in perfect harmony with one common goal -be happy,as a humans?

I guess if that would be so simple we would already have it. But It doesnt means we should give up trying.

05 May 2008
Sorry for barging in, but I simply couldn’t resist and I do feel the need to get a piece of the action ;]

So are you asking a bunch of unrelated questions, or is there some logic to this flow of thought? A deep enrooted doubt in goodness of men? & questions about decay of morality? It’s actually hard to deduce anything for certain from what you’ve wrote, but I’ll try to tackle the questions. + I will not address the questions directly; instead I will propose paradigms in which you should consider to transform those doubts, since there’s nothing worst then a badly formulated question.

1) Socialization

First of all you should consider looking beyond the human society and realize that we are actually slaves to our own cognitive stereotypes, which is essentially caused by us being what we are in the first place – mere men. Therefore such terms as good or evil are derived from social norms & they act as a moral superstructure which sole purpose is to maintain the efficiency of a society. Take for instance a more idiosyncratic perspective: if everyone would do as they please both in terms of thoughts and deeds without the moral imprinting in early youth, sooner or later we would simply grow apart, and cease to exist as a society. Ironically the same rules that were self-established to allow us to function properly, and to maintain our social collectivity are tearing us apart at the level of a single individual.

2) Psychology

“Polish citizens expect to be threaten good in UK not just as cheap workers, but once they comes back to Poland they throw bananas to black football players during the game”

First of all it’s a question of statistics, since within any given number of behaviors there will be deviations, thus an isolated incident does not sanction any conclusions upon the general population. However I do not think your point was to generalize.
Those are actually two distinct reactions to very different stimuli. There’s no such thing as moral equilibrium which hypocrisy would give birth to, no “justice” if you will. Most of the damage done by stereotypes is automatic in nature, and there is little you can do about that. It is simply the way we function, taking shortcuts at every turn. Even if those actions are deliberate, it is almost certain that they are rooted deeply in your psyche by your environment and genetic heritage. So it’s pointless to discern whether those behaviors are “good” or “evil”, we should just accept the fact that they ARE and work our way around them, prepare countermeasures, doing anything in our might to ensure education and proper nurture to minimize the effect of stereotypes. Taking your words:

“There is more stupidy like this all over the world and all could be solved in a blink of the eye if we just could see the same human as we are in our enemies”

That would be the day ;]

3) Evolution

“When we start to fight each other to be leader of the herd ,just like animals”

Aren’t we? The fact that we were enriched by the neo-cortex doesn’t change the fact that we still inherited older structures of the brain which pose a serious threat to our most sacred derangement, which is calling ourselves special. So for the time being we are at the mercy of our natural instinct, which we of course can tame, but we are far from mastering ourselves as individuals, yet alone as a society.

Have you ever read anything by Dukaj or Zajdel?

PS I really dig what you did with the piece :] my only comments would be that Adam & Eve seem way to pale ;] other then that my jaw is on the floor & I will have a hard time finding it anytime soon :]

Pozdrowienia znad morza ;]

05 May 2008
Originally Posted by TombFOX: However I do not think your point was to generalize.

not at all ,I forgot to add "some" if not even "a few" would be better word

Originally Posted by TombFOX: “There is more stupidy like this all over the world and all could be solved in a blink of the eye if we just could see the same human as we are in our enemies”

That would be the day ;]

Is it really sounds like an Utopia?

Originally Posted by TombFOX:
Have you ever read anything by Dukaj or Zajdel?

Dukaj is for sure somwhere on my long list of books I wish to read , but this list is growing and I have even less time to read. Zajdel I'm not sure but I will check his briography right away

05 May 2008
Lightbulb

Quote: hey we started quite interesting ethic conversation here and I was already about to lose my faith in this forum, thanks guys

no problem glad i could help XD

Quote: Therefore such terms as good or evil are derived from social norms & they act as a moral superstructure which sole purpose is to maintain the efficiency of a society.

Or from the bible, but anything else yeah.

Quote: Most of the damage done by stereotypes is automatic in nature, and there is little you can do about that. It is simply the way we function, taking shortcuts at every turn. Even if those actions are deliberate, it is almost certain that they are rooted deeply in your psyche by your environment and genetic heritage.

which brings me back the "spontaneous" thing, wheres does that come from anyway? maybe if we figured out how this sort of thing was developed we could fight it easier... i know most of what we do have come from lack of knowlage in the past(racisim for one, saying now that skin color or facial structure is not "race").

But even after saying that:
i still find it hard to resist being the "common teen", even thought i know scientificly what causes it(lack of brain development right? plus the stereostype). so i'm aware of how i'm acting most of the time. but if i think my actions are ligitimate(after careful thought), my parents still belive its careless behavior if i'm wrong. meaning even if i don't try to be the stereo type at all i'm still expected to be one.

Quote: So it’s pointless to discern whether those behaviors are “good” or “evil”, we should just accept the fact that they ARE and work our way around them, prepare countermeasures, doing anything in our might to ensure education and proper nurture to minimize the effect of stereotypes.

Now that sounds better, but like i tried to put out before tring to "ensure education and proper nurture" can only go to far. say a serial murderer for instance, the first thing you did was to get him to belive his actions were "unreasonable" rather than "wrong", and even try to get him to understand why he's like that scientificly. but does that mean he'll stop? will he still be the stereotype of a uncontrolable murderer, or will he be the one that realises the issue and have the power to fight it.

Quote: “There is more stupidy like this all over the world and all could be solved in a blink of the eye if we just could see the same human as we are in our enemies”

That would be the day ;]

totaly, maybe if that happend my moms religion would have less ammo to dish out.

Quote: So for the time being we are at the mercy of our natural instinct, which we of course can tame, but we are far from mastering ourselves as individuals, yet alone as a society.

which is cristianity's ammo, telling someone they'er imperfect sounds revolutionary to some people...

lastly it seems like what you were saying the whole time is that we just need to stop being who we used to be...

Quote: I just explained that one possible interpretation of the Angel as bad guy but still I hope there will be lot of people who find him actually ...cute?

HA!

Quote:
Looking at our life today we can see the most "evil" done to us is just our wrong intepretation of someone's "good"

thats what i'm sayin dude...

Quote: Or we still have a chance to live in perfect harmony with one common goal -be happy,as a humans?

yeah its weird that some countries seem like they don't want that, i recently saw a documentry on 9/11, at then end when they talked about binladen, one of his quotes were "americans love life, and we love death. that is the diffrence between us" or something like that.

-----------------

on an unrelated note, why do people keep asking why they're nude? were are they going find clothe in a vast green field anyway? if thay had clothe i'd have to ask why...

Quote: my only comments would be that Adam & Eve seem way to pale

really? well they haven't been in the sun that long i guess .

Google+ | Twitter

05 May 2008
Cos niesamowitego. Jedna z najlepszych prac jakie widzialem ostatnio na CG. Proporcje, POV, kolory, swiatlo.. Jak dla mnie mistrzostwo.
Amazing render. One of the best Ive seen recently at CG. 5stars

05 May 2008
Great colors I dont like figures at bottom

05 May 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread