Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Lisa Babenko

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2008
Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Lisa Babenko

Lisa Babenko is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The final))))

Last edited by Kularien : 01 January 2009 at 11:45 AM.

12 December 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: Little Mermaid & her Prince

Hope, i'm not very late. I'll try to finish my work in time.

This is a story about little mermaid and her prince. But the story has a happyend. The prince joined the mermaid in her underwater word with help of special equipment. And she also could come to the surface to spend a time with him.

Last edited by Kularien : 01 January 2009 at 11:44 AM.

01 January 2009
Work In Progress: Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Lisa Babenko

:) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by Kularien : 01 January 2009 at 11:55 AM.

01 January 2009
Work In Progress: Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Lisa Babenko

Work in progress.

Last edited by Kularien : 01 January 2009 at 11:45 AM.

01 January 2009
Work In Progress: working with details

Hi))) I'm trying to find good colors for my artwork.

01 January 2009
Work In Progress: collage

This is work in progress collage.

01 January 2009
I think the colors are looking great. I see that you started adding dark tones. I would push that even further. Its looking very nice though. It feels very under the sea.

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by Lah: I think the colors are looking great. I see that you started adding dark tones. I would push that even further. Its looking very nice though. It feels very under the sea.

Thank you very much)))) I'll try to create good artwok)))

01 January 2009
Work In Progress: working on details

Still working with the details))) I have to much to do yet...

Last edited by Kularien : 01 January 2009 at 11:33 AM.

01 January 2009
*cheers you on*

I love the flow of her hair and how your image is alive, with the plants the fish swimming! Keep going! : )

01 January 2009
Its looking great so far, you did a good job on the reflections of the water. It is feeling a little bit flat though, and I think its because the colors are becoming a little desaturated. Your progress on the diver is looking good too, but I agree, darker shadows overall - you have a nice bright light coming down there so that intensity should be matched by the shadow. I like that you're adding color into your shadows though, looks great!

01 January 2009
Thanks for everyone)))) For your good words and advices)))

Here is the final work)))

Last edited by Kularien : 01 January 2009 at 06:35 AM.

01 January 2009
Work In Progress: close up

Some details))))

01 January 2009
Final Image: Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Lisa Babenko

Software: Photoshop

There is mystery and beautiful world under the sea. A lot of wonderful creatures live there. A lot of secrets are hidden there. But this world was closed for humanity for a very long time. But even a fairy tale could come true. And after some time people could plunge into the deep mystery of the sea with help of incredible steam-invention. One young man has invented this invention. He was in love with beautiful mermaid and he wanted to see her as often as it was possible. And even the sea couldn't stop him. So the lovers could meet together even under the wather. The mermaid was charmed by the young man's selflessness. Any precious treasures of the underwater world couldn't substitute a rose, which was picked up by the hand of lovely young man, for the mermaid.
The end of story))))
I'm sorry for all my mistakes and for my bad english))))

01 January 2009
Final Image: The final))))

There is mystery and beautiful world under the sea. A lot of wonderful creatures live there. A lot of secrets are hidden there. But this world was closed for humanity for a very long time. But even a fairy tale could come true. And after some time people could plunge into the deep mystery of the sea with help of incredible steam-invention. One young man has invented this invention. He was in love with beautiful mermaid and he wanted to see her as often as it was possible. And even the sea couldn't stop him. So the lovers could meet together even under the wather. The mermaid was charmed by the young man's selflessness. Any precious treasures of the underwater world couldn't substitute a rose, which was picked up by the hand of lovely young man, for the mermaid.
The end of story))))
I'm sorry for all my mistakes and for my bad english))))

Thread Closed share thread