Softbody Dynamics in 3Dsmax

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
Softbody Dynamics in 3Dsmax

Hi,
Are there any viable ways to create accurate Softbody Dynamics inside 3dsmax? MParticle (MpGlue/Particle Skinner) solution is bit too much of a hack and does not work very well in most cases. Is the only good approach Houdini? :P

Thanks
Mikko

1 Week Ago
What do you want to do exactly? "accurate Softbody Dynamics" doesn't explain much. There are other options like pressured cloth and mcloth, or flex modifier if you want to see real "hacky".

6 Days Ago
Thanks but Im really familiar with these solutions already. And yes, all of those solutions are bit hacky. Lets say I want to drop ten jelly cakes on top of each other and same time react with Rigid body simulation. Is this really doable with these solutions? MParticle technique seem to work with simple shapes like a sphere, but what about really complicated objects? What about when you have tens of soft body object reacting with each other?

6 Days Ago
I think Thinking Particles will cover this.

6 Days Ago
Pokoy: Surely it does In my experience TP is very robust, but I dont hold a license at the moment. Experiencing more with MParticles/MpGlue, got it working with really simple models (primitives), but models that have irregular topology (vertices not evenly spaced) are giving still bad results.

6 Days Ago
Ok, hmm. Got a better simulation by distributing particles on surface (with separation) instead of object vertexes. This might work after all, still testing.

6 Days Ago
Lucid ..https://ephere.com/plugins/autodesk/max/lucid/ cheaper option than TP & isn't subscription.

6 Days Ago
Thanks, looks pretty good plugin! Never heard about it

reply share thread