Spectacular 3D Entry: Mike Moir

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Spectacular 3D Entry: Mike Moir

Mike Moir is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final Image: It's Your Move

09 September 2005
Concept Sketch: Concept #1 Emergency Landing

Here is my first concept , an F14 tomcat coming in for an emergency landing. I would need to add something in the foreground , maybe a flight deck guy running for cover or something.
Still trying to come up with other ideas, any comments appreciated.

09 September 2005
hehe, nice concept. Took you a while to join in. Good luck

In the year 4016...

09 September 2005
Quote: Here is my first concept , an F14 tomcat coming in for an emergency landing. I would need to add something in the foreground , maybe a flight deck guy running for cover or something.
Still trying to come up with other ideas, any comments appreciated.

Great to see you Mike! Good luck! An emergency crew standing by would be good too. Maybe show why the plane is coming in for a crash landing..have a dogfight going on in the background.

09 September 2005
HELLO THERE! how have u been? Nice to have u in, I guess you were waiting until have your sketch right? the concept is cool, may i suggest a mega big explotion in the background and chaos in the crew in foreground, maybe they have not seen the comming Tomcat and they would probably die if it crash BOOM! i can feel spectacularness allready!

09 September 2005
Smile

hi mike . nice to see you in.

the concept is looking good . certainly has the sense of speed! are u going to add more elements?

09 September 2005
Hey all ,
Thanks for the comments , I really don't know if this is the concept I am after . I am trying to come up with another idea but I am drawing blanks. I am sort of waiting for a better idea to pop into my head.

09 September 2005
concept is cool. waiting for the updates

09 September 2005
Concept Sketch: Conept#2 City energy source from the sun.

Here is a concept sketch showing the energy station for a vast area getting its energy from solar collectors in space. The energy station distributes the energy in a cascade like fashion. Emphasis will be on the terrain around the station as well. If I go with this concept I will do a better sketch, maybe color even.

09 September 2005
Hey all,

I am trying to come up with a better idea , so I would like some input for some concept ideas .

Here are some of my ideas.

1. The Wright brothers are flying their plane , a father and small child are watching . I will try to capture the childs amazement at this new invention.

2. The Biblical Lot is fleeing sodom as it is being destroyed in the background , also I would show his wife as a salt statue. The idea of a spectacular fearful event that you can't look at but want too should be seen in Lots face. Could also be Vesuvias erupting and the Pompeians (spelled incorrectly I am sure) either indifferent or running for their lives.

3. First contact with aliens. Lots of buildings and an imposing spacecraft with smaller craft as well. Maybe some conflict with religious belief or the Aliens are going to deceive us sort of thing.

4. In the future a guy drives an old model T car down the road with pedestrians staring at the driver. The driver has a big smile on his face.

5 A helicopter rescues someone trapped on the edge of a waterfalls. A distant shot with emphasis on some landscape as well.

6. A future city's energy generating center getting its energy from the sun or solar collector in space. A vast landscape surrounds the energy centre .See above image.

Hopefully one of these could turn into something I like a little more than my other concept . I wanted to enter the 2d challenge too but coming up with one concept is proving to be a tough job. Comments appreciated.

09 September 2005
It`s nice and keep ur reason to do that .goodluck ...

09 September 2005
3, 5 and 6 are the most spectacular of the choices. Not sure which I'd do. 3 and 5 would allow you to establish the image from an emotional view as well. Lets see a sketch of 3 and 5.

09 September 2005
I really like 5 and 6. 3 is ok, but maybe a bit too cliche? I think 6 would be better if you want to show off an enviroment, as well as the energy fx goign on. 5 seems like it would be better right upclose to the action, but depending on the compostion, a distant shot can work. good luck getting those ideas out.

In the year 4016...

09 September 2005
Dude! I'm subscribed, fantastic finish you had to M&S i must say. I personally like 1 and 4, the others have a somewhat 'GSO' feel to it, I think it wouldd be nice to bring down the scale of the image and focus on the 'human spectacular', know what I mean? 4 has a lot of potential I think, you could show the guy jumping off a ramp in his car or something, could look really awesome!

Cheers mate

09 September 2005
Hmmm, tricky... the last sketch for number 6 looks like it can be really dramatic/spectacular.
But I really like the originality of the first two concepts, plus as keetmun says it can be really interesting to have more focus on the human reactions.
Number 4 could also work that way. Well, you've no problems in coming up with ideas anyway - good luck with whatever you choose

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Thread Closed share thread