Sci-Fi/Futuristic Planetary Defense

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #31
nice modelling!

the elements in your scene don't "sit" very well in the image.
perhaps, the machine parts can receive more bounce light from the snow. =)
also, you can add glow to the glowing parts. if you decide to do so, the glow from those parts will light the surrounding as well. =)

when it's raining this heavily, as suggested in the foreground rain, the distant background should look very much "softer".

hope that helps!

Old 03 March 2013   #32

So i already added the light correction i desired and also the chromatic aberration (very soft).

what do you think of it now, minifong? what do you mean with soften background? like, blurred?

Last edited by Seehr : 03 March 2013 at 02:42 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #33

Old 03 March 2013   #34
Why so many glowing elements on the turret. What would the enemy was easier to find them?

Old 03 March 2013   #35
Thats a point there RSsv but i just created them to enhance the Sci-Fi looking, they are supposed to be like Laser or Plasma turrets, not conventional... you know what i mean right?

Old 03 March 2013   #36
I think are too many and the design can be achieved not in the lights element but in the external forms and materials.

Lots of lights and a copy of turrets look as Christmas garland

Need more different objects of different shapes and types...

Old 03 March 2013   #37
I agree with you, thanks for being critique !

Old 03 March 2013   #38
Since I suppose those turrets are huge (if aiming for large ships) I think a camera position more at human eye level might be better to give the sense of scale. Also I think you need some "known" objects (or people) as scale reference.

Your added blue/green lights are giving too much contrast in areas that are probably not the ones you'd want to pull forward. Also a thing to consider might be cloaking or camouflage for defensive systems? They already have the disadvantage of not being able to evade attacking ships.

Old 03 March 2013   #39
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread