Texture Photographer Needed

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Texture Photographer Needed

CLOSED. Will repost with alterations due to feedback.

Last edited by redbyte : 12 December 2012 at 07:19 AM.

Old 12 December 2012   #2
As someone who does photography professionally, I thought it worth mentioning that the fee you're offering is very low.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Andrew, making high res textures tileable and without highlights can take up to an hour each if no more. Without those requisites textures are pretty much useless.

Old 12 December 2012   #4
No kidding. Low in deed but you get what you pay for.

Old 12 December 2012   #5
I've thought of doing just this sort of thing to make up for having a DSLR I rarely use (needed it for class). Though I think I'll just do it and sell it on my own.

Also, I must complement you on your site - it's very well designed.

Old 12 December 2012   #6
So it's ok to call someone out if you think their pricing is too low, but it's not ok to start a discussion about specifics of how much to charge on here? Hmm...ok

I see those threads get shut down all the time, maybe if they were left open more people could be educated about proper ways to charge and see real world examples of what works and what doesn't.

Old 12 December 2012   #7
lol @ prices.
make it 10x and I still lol.

Old 12 December 2012   #8
Quote: I see those threads get shut down all the time

...chuckle, it must happen quick as I haven't had the chance to read one (the info could be handy!)

Quote: Low in deed but you get what you pay for

Mid-day exposures on my camera phone here we come! Mmm monies

Old 12 December 2012   #9
Originally Posted by plastic: lol @ prices. make it 10x and I still lol.

WHY do you have to come at him like that?

And so you've just all created the moral of this little story ... Andrew, or anyone else, don't post prices.

Old 12 December 2012   #10
Originally Posted by leigh: As someone who does photography professionally, I thought it worth mentioning that the fee you're offering is very low.

Thanks for your feedback.

I hadn't seen texture photography jobs posted anywhere else so I didn't have anything to reference. Now that I think about it, the pay really is quite low considering you'd have to find the appropriate texture to photograph first.

I've increased the amount of pay.

It's worth noting that I'm going to be doing all the post production myself. So that deliberately wasn't factored into the pay. All I require are the RAW files.

Old 12 December 2012   #11
Originally Posted by th3ta: I see those threads get shut down all the time, maybe if they were left open more people could be educated about proper ways to charge and see real world examples of what works and what doesn't.

Ditto. I'd love to see a thread where professionals can be honest about how much they expect to be paid. It's really hard for people posting jobs to know what to charge.

Old 12 December 2012   #12
Mods: Please delete this thread.
I've just reposted it under the title "Experienced Texture Photographer Required". I made some changes to the specifications and increased the pay.

Thanks

Old 12 December 2012   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread