Maya 2018 - Pose editor & Human IK incompatibility, how to make it work?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

08 August 2017
Maya 2018 - Pose editor & Human IK incompatibility, how to make it work?

I have a human IK rig but i cant use pose editor to deform the mesh, because joints dont move the hole chain, what moves it is another effector, and i cant add that effector to pose editor,

My human IK has 2 nulles called:

QuickRigCharacter_Reference (joints)
QuickRigCharacter_Ctrl_Reference (controllers)

To use with Pose editor i have to select the joint, but if i select it directly from viewport it sellects a controller (QuickRigCharacter_Ctrl_Reference) then to use pose editor i need to select a joint not a controller, so i search for it and found the forearm joint under "QuickRigCharacter_Reference (joints)" then i click "creatte pose interpolator" it displays the usual message saying it has a controller, so i click NO, then i go to driver settings, select "Z axis" and search the arm controller (it moves the hole arm by translation) this controller is called (QuickRigCharacter_Ctrl_LeftWristEffector) then i add all his translates X, Y Z to "add", then i click add neutral poses, i move the controller and click "add pose", turn off edit for testing, double click neutral pose and it only moves the forearm excluding the hand and ruining the mesh.

My analisis: It damages the mesh because if you select a joint from "QuickRigCharacter_Reference" and rotate that joint it also moves only that joint damaging the mesh, it only works if i select the joint from viewport wich appears at "QuickRigCharacter_Ctrl_Reference", the problem is that i cannot add that object to pose editor, because pose editor only allows to add joints, and this selection of the joint by click on the viewport makes me select another type of object from "QuickRigCharacter_Ctrl_Reference" wich isnīt a joint so whenever i try to add that thing to pose interpolator after creating pose interpolator and click "add pose" Maya gives me a message: "no mesh bound to joint" obviously because itīs not a joint, so i cant make it work any how, nor by creating the pose interpolator from joint or from effector.

How can i solve this problem?

Last edited by Bloops : 08 August 2017 at 06:00 AM.

reply share thread